UAE & Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe 2019 : Pre Series Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: UAE & Afghanistan tour of Zimbabwe 2019 : Pre Series Discussion

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 am
Time-place-thread

This isn’t any of the above for this arguement take it else where
This is also not the time-place-thread to be called "nigs" and "entitled " and for cricket to be "handed over" to non blacks.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:49 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:30 am
Time-place-thread

This isn’t any of the above for this arguement take it else where
This is also not the time-place-thread to be called "nigs" and "entitled " and for cricket to be "handed over" to non blacks.
100%

My comment wasn’t solely aimed at you
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:45 am
From "give the game back to non-blacks" to "black entitlement" to being referred to as "nigs". All in 1 post. Then you wonder why you will never remove these guys as long as you live
Where does he say those things?
TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:22 am
Zanu didnt exist until the 60s. A lot of history behind it. Then people just expect black people to forget and move on at "parity" like we all started at the same level. Considering that a huge portion of them spent a decade in prison fighting for freedom you can understand where the institutional hate comes from.
I wouldn't say forget and move on (although Mandela did that quite quickly despite the decades he spent in prison and the abuse he received. Anyone from Zim can tell me they went through more than him, I salute them), but how long are you going to linger in the past? Africans are in control now, what are we doing about it? What are we doing with that power? We have had independence since 1980. Granted it takes time, but it is now almost 40 years. You just expect to sit and things will come to you. Zim is still using a lot of the infrastructure built during colonialism. The excuse of colonialism, sanctions and history is null and void.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 am
TapsC wrote:
From "give the game back to non-blacks" to "black entitlement" to being referred to as "nigs". All in 1 post. Then you wonder why you will never remove these guys as long as you live
Where does he say those things?
TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:22 am
Zanu didnt exist until the 60s. A lot of history behind it. Then people just expect black people to forget and move on at "parity" like we all started at the same level. Considering that a huge portion of them spent a decade in prison fighting for freedom you can understand where the institutional hate comes from.
I wouldn't say forget and move on (although Mandela did that quite quickly despite the decades he spent in prison and the abuse he received. Anyone from Zim can tell me they went through more than him, I salute them), but how long are you going to linger in the past? Africans are in control now, what are we doing about it? What are we doing with that power? We have had independence since 1980. Granted it takes time, but it is now almost 40 years. You just expect to sit and things will come to you. Zim is still using a lot of the infrastructure built during colonialism. The excuse of colonialism, sanctions and history is null and void.
You said we must return cricket to non-blacks. The rest came from different people

You act like where you and your family is originally from(asia) is perfect. If it is so amazing then why are you not there yourself? Why do you have relatives in "shithole" countries like ours? Where you are based (Australasia) Asians get treated like second class citizens and shot in their place of worship. Then politicians from those same places tell you they dont want you there but you want to come and lecture me about the unfair treatment you get in Zimbabwe of all places .

You want me to be grateful for infrastructure? How many years have asian countries been free? Are they role models for democracy and development?

Im tired of this passive racism which is accepted here. I see why you dont have that many people of colour posting here.So many things said here you will never say in the real world to black people in their face. Please kindly address an open letter with your name in a private newspaper to Mukuhlani and call him a nig and that he has a case of black entitlement and that he should hand over ZC to non blacks. Dont forget to mention that colonialism left us good infrastructure and we are not doing anything about it.

I think im done with this place for a while
Last edited by TapsC on Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Fellas fellas fellas you’ve been down this road you’re not going to achieve anything and it will only get ugly

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

You are right Jaybro. Im done. Good luck with your revolution guys. i'm offcially signing out.Then there will be enough freedom to post about peoples hate for black people or how things would have been better if the good old guys were in charge. All the best.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:22 am

You said we must return cricket to non-blacks. The rest came from different people

You act like where you and your family is originally from(asia) is perfect. If it is so amazing then why are you not there yourself? Why do you have relatives in "shithole" countries like ours? Where you are based (Australasia) Asians get treated like second class citizens and shot in their place of worship. Then politicians from those same places tell you they dont want you there but you want to come and lecture me about the unfair treatment you get in Zimbabwe of all places .

You want me to be grateful for infrastructure? How many years have asian countries been free? Are they role models for democracy and development?

Im tired of this passive racism which is accepted here. I see why you dont have that many people of colour posting here.So many things said here you will never say in the real world to black people in their face. Please kindly address an open letter with your name in a private newspaper to Mukuhlani and call him a nig and that he has a case of black entitlement and that he should hand over ZC to non blacks. Dont forget to mention that colonialism left us good infrastructure and we are not doing anything about it.

I think im done with this place for a while
Yeah, I said give cricket back, not him. Your post insinuated him. Thats beside the point.

I'm from Zimbabwe. Always will be because that is where I was born and that is where my parents were born. My ancestry may be Indian but I don't really care about that place because I have no affiliation to that place. I'm not about to put effort in to a place I have no affiliation to. Like asking me to care about Bolivia.

Believe you me, I am actively involved in Australia. Working with people of all backgrounds on projects that would benefit my community as a whole Everything from blood donation drives to bigger projects such as the drought relief effort we recently took part in. Providing farmers in Australia with funds, equipment and support to get through the recent drought we had. Where I am based I also get state funded education, free healthcare, have a well paying job, sustainable energy, and excellent childcare to name very few.

Like I said, I don't care about Asian countries because I AM NOT FROM THERE. I care about my home. Why can't we work together to better it?

I have said a lot of the things I have said on here in the real world and to people directly. I would never use the n word because that's wrong. I don't wish to go down a path we did before, but I really do wish for better things and believe dialogue is important to that. You and I often disagree, but I have never had ill feeling or hate towards you (i hope you read this reply so you can know that I do actually respect you), so let's get together to hash out those differences so that we can find a way forward. I want black people to be successful and to rule Africa like the continent it should be. Africa should really be the number 1 continent on the planet. It is not, how do we change that?

You never really answered my previous questions, which is fine, but at some point you need to also admit that when something is wrong, it needs change.

afghankhan

Post by afghankhan »

I don't know why the series was cancelled? It's a bit sad. I think it would have benefited us. And we could even test some new players. I think we can win against Zim without Rashid, Nabi and Mujeeb who are at the IPL. There are some very good spinners like Qais and Zahir Khan to replace the IPL players.

It's a bit weird as Afghanistan is gonna travel to South Africa at the beginning of april to prepare for WC.

If it's really the broadcasting issue then I think it's odd, but I can understand it. Afghanistan is constantly moving forward and I think playing ZIM without any broadcasting would have been a step back and a bit embarrassing for the Afghanistan cricket board. Any little step in the wrong direction and the ACB get's a lot of criticism from the fans. You must understand ACB is under constant pressure to deliver.

Also everyone taking credit for Afghanistan progress is abit tiring. The Pakistani takes credit, because players started playing there, the Indians taking credit for providing help to ACB and now Zim taking credit for playing series against Afghanistan.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Zimbabwe is taking any credit mate, just pointing out the Afghanistan fellas have short memories

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:22 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:26 am
TapsC wrote:

You act like where you and your family is originally from(asia) is perfect. If it is so amazing then why are you not there yourself? Why do you have relatives in "shithole" countries like ours? Where you are based (Australasia) Asians get treated like second class citizens and shot in their place of worship.
To be fair, Zimbo_5 never said Asia is a perfect place at all, he said he doesn’t care because he identifies as Australian and Asia isn’t somewhere he thinks about.

And Asians do not get treated like second class citizens in Oz at all, they are treated extremely well. That’s why so many migrate here and anyone who lives here would laugh at that statement. To China and the sub continent, Australia is heaven.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*