Do we really matter?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Googly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:04 pm

His technique is absolutely ideal for County cricket on those decks. Plays dead straight. I know what I’d do if I were him and didn’t get the nod, because he more than deserves it, he’s got the potential to be one of the great batsmen of the modern generation and if they can’t see that then they’re blind.

User avatar
eugene
Posts: 6595
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by eugene » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Markram averages 25 in ODIs, hardly a world-beater. Reeza Hendricks averages more.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Googly » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 pm

And it will stay at 25 if he doesn’t play. He’s better than Hendricks. I know it’s a tough one and they have to consider stats, but c’mon, he’s a Kallis in waiting, it’s plain for all to see. He should be the next captain as well.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7128
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by jaybro » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Markram hasn’t taken his chances in ODI’s but he’s their next best batsman, I think he’ll go to the World Cup
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Googly
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Googly » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am

Well he’s just blistered back to back hundreds so these morons will have some explaining to do if he’s not picked.
Oh I forgot.. they don’t have to explain anything.

sloandog
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by sloandog » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am
Well he’s just blistered back to back hundreds so these morons will have some explaining to do if he’s not picked.
Oh I forgot.. they don’t have to explain anything.
Markram is a better batter than Hendricks, I think anybody with two eyes and a brain can see that. International stats in such a short game span shouldn't be given too much scrutiny, in my opinion. Look at Van Der Dusson for example; he's averaging 163 in 5 ODI's. Statisticaly he's got the greatest ODI average ever, doesn't mean he's going to continue in that vain. AM should 100% be opening the batting here with De Kock. Anybody doubting that is stupid, although I do think Hendricks has something special when he gets going.
If he's out of the WC squad, then I would gladly see him in a county side, any day. He's world class and he should be the first name after the skipper on every team sheet. And breathe
When in doubt, listen to Oasis chaps....

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Andybligzz » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:30 pm

sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm
Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am
Well he’s just blistered back to back hundreds so these morons will have some explaining to do if he’s not picked.
Oh I forgot.. they don’t have to explain anything.
Markram is a better batter than Hendricks, I think anybody with two eyes and a brain can see that. International stats in such a short game span shouldn't be given too much scrutiny, in my opinion. Look at Van Der Dusson for example; he's averaging 163 in 5 ODI's. Statisticaly he's got the greatest ODI average ever, doesn't mean he's going to continue in that vain. AM should 100% be opening the batting here with De Kock. Anybody doubting that is stupid, although I do think Hendricks has something special when he gets going.
If he's out of the WC squad, then I would gladly see him in a county side, any day. He's world class and he should be the first name after the skipper on every team sheet. And breathe
99 percent agree with you Sloan , well said except for the fact that Amla must open with quinton as their record is very decent . AM should be at 3 in my opinion , followed by faf who’s doing a fantastic job since the retirement of Abraham Benjamin
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7128
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by jaybro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:18 am

I think Markram will be back in the ODI side soon enough, he's just peeled off two big ODI hundreds over the weekend for the Titans, whilst also taking wickets
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Googly
Posts: 4024
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Googly » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 pm

Well not according to my sources. He’s been told he’s not going, but there’s big shit in the land because the people with knowledge (ex cricketers specifically) are backing him to the hilt. I guess it’s possible The Hash might be sacrificed, but I’d hate to see that. Their selectors have some tough choices to make.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 7128
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by jaybro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 pm
Well not according to my sources. He’s been told he’s not going, but there’s big shit in the land because the people with knowledge (ex cricketers specifically) are backing him to the hilt. I guess it’s possible The Hash might be sacrificed, but I’d hate to see that. Their selectors have some tough choices to make.
I really don't understand how they wouldn't have room for him, they're playing with just batsman in their 13 man squad atm, surely they'll take a couple of spares to England
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kudet and 11 guests