Do we really matter?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Do we really matter?

Post by Googly »

His technique is absolutely ideal for County cricket on those decks. Plays dead straight. I know what I’d do if I were him and didn’t get the nod, because he more than deserves it, he’s got the potential to be one of the great batsmen of the modern generation and if they can’t see that then they’re blind.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Markram averages 25 in ODIs, hardly a world-beater. Reeza Hendricks averages more.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

And it will stay at 25 if he doesn’t play. He’s better than Hendricks. I know it’s a tough one and they have to consider stats, but c’mon, he’s a Kallis in waiting, it’s plain for all to see. He should be the next captain as well.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Markram hasn’t taken his chances in ODI’s but he’s their next best batsman, I think he’ll go to the World Cup
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well he’s just blistered back to back hundreds so these morons will have some explaining to do if he’s not picked.
Oh I forgot.. they don’t have to explain anything.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am
Well he’s just blistered back to back hundreds so these morons will have some explaining to do if he’s not picked.
Markram is a better batter than Hendricks, I think anybody with two eyes and a brain can see that. International stats in such a short game span shouldn't be given too much scrutiny, in my opinion. Look at Van Der Dusson for example; he's averaging 163 in 5 ODI's. Statisticaly he's got the greatest ODI average ever, doesn't mean he's going to continue in that vain. AM should 100% be opening the batting here with De Kock. Anybody doubting that is stupid, although I do think Hendricks has something special when he gets going.
If he's out of the WC squad, then I would gladly see him in a county side, any day. He's world class and he should be the first name after the skipper on every team sheet. And breathe

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm
Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 am
Markram is a better batter than Hendricks, I think anybody with two eyes and a brain can see that. International stats in such a short game span shouldn't be given too much scrutiny, in my opinion. Look at Van Der Dusson for example; he's averaging 163 in 5 ODI's. Statisticaly he's got the greatest ODI average ever, doesn't mean he's going to continue in that vain. AM should 100% be opening the batting here with De Kock. Anybody doubting that is stupid, although I do think Hendricks has something special when he gets going.
If he's out of the WC squad, then I would gladly see him in a county side, any day. He's world class and he should be the first name after the skipper on every team sheet. And breathe
99 percent agree with you Sloan , well said except for the fact that Amla must open with quinton as their record is very decent . AM should be at 3 in my opinion , followed by faf who’s doing a fantastic job since the retirement of Abraham Benjamin
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I think Markram will be back in the ODI side soon enough, he's just peeled off two big ODI hundreds over the weekend for the Titans, whilst also taking wickets

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well not according to my sources. He’s been told he’s not going, but there’s big shit in the land because the people with knowledge (ex cricketers specifically) are backing him to the hilt. I guess it’s possible The Hash might be sacrificed, but I’d hate to see that. Their selectors have some tough choices to make.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 pm
Well not according to my sources. He’s been told he’s not going, but there’s big shit in the land because the people with knowledge (ex cricketers specifically) are backing him to the hilt. I guess it’s possible The Hash might be sacrificed, but I’d hate to see that. Their selectors have some tough choices to make.
I really don't understand how they wouldn't have room for him, they're playing with just batsman in their 13 man squad atm, surely they'll take a couple of spares to England