[Pro50] 8 & 9 - Rhinos v Mountaineers + Eagles v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
cricket_22001

Re: [Pro50] 8 & 9 - Rhinos v Mountaineers + Eagles v Tuskers

Post by cricket_22001 »

A quick search reveal Sibanda scored 190 for MidWest Rhinos against Southern Rocks at Masvingo in the 2012/13 season. Not saying this is a domestic record but I haven't found anything else yet.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:10 am
Think we need to be addressing the downfall of Luke Jongwe, once seen as the next big thing, he can't even make a full strength Eagles side (they are resting players since the have already qualified for the final).
Jongwe was the poster boy the head honchos wanted to succeed and was given every privilege and fast tracking to succeed based on his talent.

The problem with that is, especially as a cricketer, he didn’t have to fight for his rep. He didn’t have to do the hard yards to rise to the top. He didn’t build character or grit or mental toughness. It was a disservice is to him in the end but a product of the politicised ‘oo’s and early 2010’s.
I speak more for the batting side because bowling is not as learned and rather genetic, but he was always only going to be a bit part bowler. The rumoured behavioural issues didn’t help and only fuels my point.
Cricketers need to be put to the sword early on and develop that X factor the Boys of the past had.

The good news is that it’s not too late for him, if he wants it he will only now start to develop the proper way after losing the faith and respect of the big dogs. It’s up to him from here.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Shingi is getting into some serious form with both bat and ball. Tari, Moor and Burl as his scalps already today. The 3 best from the Rhinos line up.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kamunhukamwe averaging over 35 with a strike rate over 100 in List A cricket. Definitely one for the future. Dont know much about him besides the couple of games he played against Pakistan. He looked ok. Played 1 really big pullshot if I remember correctly

A lot of pressure on those top order spots which is good. I think Mire and Hami need competition.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He opens up the off side a lot which I like. Anything on middle he was flaying through the covers and backward point.
He hit a 6 over mid off from a ball on leg stump. Lots of work needed but raw talent is there, clearly.
Need Burl and Musakana firing as well though - these two are probably the future of the middle order, although I still want to see Ryan Burl opening. His technique is all about opening

jward

Post by jward »

Lee wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am
Ervine is class when he's in hope he will carry this form when he is in
I also have noted Burl is bowling his whole lot of overs in the games
Is he a legit allrounder?
Not yet, really, but there is hope. He is trying to develop his bowling.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Great to see Ervine go big, interesting to see if is in the first XI picked against the UAE? With BT, Willy, Raza & PJ it will be interesting to see if they just shuffle everyone down one spot or if someone opens?

Regis has quietly done very well for the Eagles, unbeaten hundred and two fifties, don’t think I’d risk him again in an ODI but his form is good.

Tari still hasn’t cemented that opening spot although he’s the guy the selectors want, personally I’d rather Tari in the middle order. Kamunhukamwe or Burl are my preferred openers, but until Burl actually opens it’s hard to pick him there.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Couple of questions for John Ward

Is Mashinge injured? He hasn’t played in the Pro50 the last few weeks, I was hoping to see him in the UAE series

Is Mire available or has he ditched Zimbabwe again?

Thanks in advance ✌🏻

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Also it looks like Chatara has picked up another injury, couldn’t finish his 4th over

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Highest list a score by a Zim player in Zim is Coventry 194*. Highest domestic list a score is sibanda's 190.