Zimbabwe A V UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe A V UAE

Post by jaybro »

According to Liam Brickhill via ESPNcricinfo the UAE will play Zimbabwe A in a warm up game on April 8th at Old Hararians

A good chance to give some guys a go

My Zimbabwe A side

Kamunhukamwe - I’d be giving him a go in the ODIs as well but a good chance here to get more time in the middle

Burl - Hasn’t really out the runs on the board, but a good chance to see him open perhaps

Tari - Despite a lack of form it’s a good chance to give him a run

PJ Moor - I know he’s the VC but if they’re going to persist with him in ODIs the more time in the middle for him the better

Roy Kaia - 2nd leading wicket taker and run scorer of the Pro50, enough said

Milton Shumba - why not? Definitely one for the future I’d rather give him a crack and some experience than someone like Chigumbura or Regis

Murray/ Maruma - If Murray isn’t available then I guess Maruma deserves a chance due to his impressive domestic season

Mashinge - Hasn’t got the chances at the Goats but he’s someone who can become a great player

Mavuta - The more he bowls the better

Jakiel - Chance to see him push for ODI debut

Mumba - Like Mashinge didn’t get enough Limited overs bowling but a player of potential
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Zimbabwe A V UAE

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Looks good. You are expecting Moor to keep if Murray isn't around I'm guessing. I won't mind exploring Chari as a keeping option too...

If he comes in, he'll keep and open with Kamu and all others drop one place till Maruma and he goes out of the XI. I'll have him around as cover though, as well as Masuku.

I want to see Roy Kaia succeed and get some national team games.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 am
Looks good. You are expecting Moor to keep if Murray isn't around I'm guessing. I won't mind exploring Chari as a keeping option too...

If he comes in, he'll keep and open with Kamu and all others drop one place till Maruma and he goes out of the XI. I'll have him around as cover though, as well as Masuku.

K-long
Zhuwao
R Kaia
PJ Moor wk / captain
Shumba
Burl
Madziva
Mavuta
D Jakiel
Mashinge
Mumba

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 am

Yes Moor to keep if no Murray

Chari is not someone I would put in this fixture because you know he will do well, but he won't do well in the ODIs. I have much the same opinion on Maruma but his numbers can't be ignored.

Chari looked to be finding his feet in the Tests so I'd leave him there for now considering Zimbabwe actually has quite a few 'attacking options' up top to open

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, basically it is Chari vs Maruma. Chari the keeper-batsman is more useful than Maruma the batsman + former-leggie I thought. But Maruma has that X factor to come in late in the innings and smoke a few which Chari might not be able to do. Still Chari probably looks technically a little more accomplished than Maruma. So tough choice, but I can understand why you went for Maruma ahead of him.

Also, just adding what I missed in the previous post:

#RoyKaiaMania

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Chari definitely makes the A side no doubting that. The coach spoke about rewarding top performers in the domestic scene and Chari has put his hand up. We don't have much in the form of openers. Mire had one good score. Zhuwao was even dropped down to 3. Kamunhukamwe hasn't really fired at all in the short format games.

My A side

Chari
Masukanda
Maruma
R.Kaia
Moor
Burl
Chakabva
Mavuta
Mumba
Ngarava
Jakiel
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Dont know about Chakabva to be honest. I prefer we play a younger line up. The likes of Chakabva and Elton will probably do damage against the UAE but is that the direction we are trying to go in?
Last edited by TapsC on Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yeah leave Regis out, he’s had his chances, better off Murray or at worse Moor to keep and play another batsman.

I’m surprised you don’t want Kamunhukamwe in there TapsC? From where I’m looking he’s probably the most exciting young batsman around at the moment considering Burl & Tari are flopping atm

For me Chari has a ceiling and he’s very close to it if not there already, Kamunhukamwe could be anything at this point

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Also with Maruma despite the fact I doubt he’ll succeed if you’re going to play him bat him at 6 or 7, that’s where he would likely make the national side.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Oh I definitely want Kamunhukamwe in there. Just didjt agree with Chakabva.

For me

Kamunhukamwe
Tari
Burl
PJ(wk)
Shumba
Munyonga
Mashinge
Mavuta
Masuku
Mumba
Jakiel

If its a 13 man game add Chari and Ainsley Ndlovu.