Zimbabwe Squad for Odi Series Against UAE 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe Squad for Odi Series Against UAE 2019

Post by Googly »

There’s 44 people that play franchise at any one time and 27 of them have been selected for the Zim squad. Who are the unlucky 17?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Roche left for New Zealand, but has every intention of returning to play for Zimbabwe after University.
I doubt he's going to return though
That's disappointing. Was really excited for him. Sad that we can lose players for 3-4 years all because our structure is not correct, and then have to hope they come back after that.

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:09 am

I flip between Eatsern Europe and Oz and I work 50 hrs a week
I think it's more to do with the family side of things. With Merna having to fly longer routes and more regularly (as opposed to Air Zim) Graeme is helping out and doing the fatherly thing. Definitely harder for a family to settle in to a new country and I would have assumed they would have had extended family in Zim to help out with that kind of thing.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

Black Mamba wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 pm
Daniel Jakiel along with Mashinge, Jongwe & Faraz Akram should have been there, looking into the importance of allrounders in the shorter formats.
Same complaint as usual, why is so and so left out, you can't pick eveyone you know

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Donald wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:14 pm
So we finally get rid of cephas the greek. had high hopes for him but showed he is pretty one dimensional past few series

Glad to see K Long and Muyonga in there
It's a shame that Chigumbura hasn't joined Zhuwao, by the way, who is K Long?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:09 am
I’m still not understanding why cremer isn’t available.
I understand his wife is in the Arab world floating about in a plane, but with the amount of cricket zim play, there’s no reason why he couldn’t do both.

I flip between Eatsern Europe and Oz and I work 50 hrs a week
Probably because Cremer has some brains, why would any sane person put Zim cricket before their family?

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s hard to guess what Cremer will do. It’s hard to see him returning. Maybe when that World Cup super league starts it’s possible we might see him again, but I doubt it. Unfortunately we’re weak enough that he can take a two year break and walk back into the side based solely on ability. I guess they’re hoping Mavuta will be going well fairly soon.
As a youngster Mashinge is a better bet than Roche as an all rounder in my opinion. I had heard that Roche’s move was permanent. NZ is a damned nice place to live, and is used as a stepping stone to Australia.
Barring another cyclone I see Lake and Murray coming to try their hands at cricket here. There will understandably be some glum faces by our cricketers when they do because they will be fast tracked, but it’s the harsh reality of professional sport because they’re good cricketers. Lake as an all rounder is an exciting prospect, he’s a helluva talent. Having said that he’s quite inconsistent in the UK, but when he fires with bat or ball he’s damned good.
Where are the A and U19 tours that were promised? Has that $10 million that was handed over just recently evaporated?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Based on this tweet from Murray, he is definitely committed to the side and was available for selection. ZC just continue to be reckless.

@Ryan14Murray
Follow Follow @Ryan14Murray
Two disappointing days for my cricket. First, to not make the 27-man national training squad, and today, for us @MatiesCricket to lose our unbeaten season to last seasons champions, despite a small personal milestone of 72*, to go with a 50 and 47 in my previous two innings.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you don’t make the 27 man squad that’s a poor message you’re being sent. He’s playing a good standard of cricket down there and probably getting in more games and practice than the guys here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I can’t stop thinking about this, it’s very worrying. Murray is one of the key youngsters we need to stay alive. We continue to be led down the path to self destruction.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:22 am
I can’t stop thinking about this, it’s very worrying. Murray is one of the key youngsters we need to stay alive. We continue to be led down the path to self destruction.
Me too. Kept trying to figure it out today. People really need to start being held accountable. Time for Kirsty to actually do her job.