Zimbabwe Squad for Odi Series Against UAE 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Squad for Odi Series Against UAE 2019

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’m 90 percent sure this is a communication mixup. Zac have signalled their intent they want this dude.

I find a lot of ZC and player issues is from lack of talk between. I it werecme I wouldn’t have this issue because I’d be up in ZC shit. Maybe what Moor family is doing.

That’s a memo to Murray, Diplock, Munyaye et all.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:28 am
I it werecme I wouldn’t have this issue because I’d be up in ZC shit.
That is literally how it should not work. Does not work that way in any other cricket association.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Of course and it’s ridiculous.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Not a bad squad but I think if you’re going to select 27 players you should be finding a place for Mashinge, I think he’s been hurt by the fact the Goats have so much talent and his chances were limited in the Pro50 & t20 competitions.

The big shocks were the omissions of Wellington, Tari & Cephas, but atleast this shows the selectors aren’t just picking the same old guys, they’re willing to have a look at some other guys.

The shock inclusions were Kunje & Ndlovu can’t say I know a lot about them having not seen them, but their numbers aren’t really that great so someone obviously sees something in them.
Their selections may also encourage other players to swap domestic sides to the Tuskers, these guys got their chance to play a lot of matches and showcase themselves.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

As for Murray if he’s been left out because of an’mis-understanding’ that’s really embarrassing and it’s not the first time it’s happened either (Sean Williams last year). It’s also happened on other countries with the most recent case happening a couple of months ago in Australia concerning Nathan Coulter-Nile.

But if it was a mis-understanding I can’t see why he can’t be brought in now considering it’s a 27 man training squad, what’s the harm of having 28?

I feel they’ve left him out because he hasn’t totally committed himself to the ‘cause’ by still playing and attending Uni in South Africa he was only available for one match. I can see both sides of the arguement but despite the quality of the domestic leagues being poor they have to pay a certain amount of respect to the competitions & the players. Players will be less likely to commit to the domestic competitions if they’re slogging away all
Summer only to be overlooked for a guy who at this point in his senior career is all about potential rather than actual product.

I think players won’t mind if Raza or BT get picked without playing because they’ve earnt their right to a spot and are playing in quality t20 leagues, but for someone like Murray despite the fact he looks like a future star, he hasn’t earnt his spot yet.

Not a popular view but I can see the reasoning, some clarity would be nice though

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:21 am
As for Murray if he’s been left out because of an’mis-understanding’ that’s really embarrassing and it’s not the first time it’s happened either (Sean Williams last year). It’s also happened on other countries with the most recent case happening a couple of months ago in Australia concerning Nathan Coulter-Nile.

But if it was a mis-understanding I can’t see why he can’t be brought in now considering it’s a 27 man training squad, what’s the harm of having 28?

I feel they’ve left him out because he hasn’t totally committed himself to the ‘cause’ by still playing and attending Uni in South Africa he was only available for one match. I can see both sides of the arguement but despite the quality of the domestic leagues being poor they have to pay a certain amount of respect to the competitions & the players. Players will be less likely to commit to the domestic competitions if they’re slogging away all
Summer only to be overlooked for a guy who at this point in his senior career is all about potential rather than actual product.

I think players won’t mind if Raza or BT get picked without playing because they’ve earnt their right to a spot and are playing in quality t20 leagues, but for someone like Murray despite the fact he looks like a future star, he hasn’t earnt his spot yet.

Not a popular view but I can see the reasoning, some clarity would be nice though
I disagree a bit here. Not like Zim have the luxury of dropping players knowing they have another world class option in the wings. The mentality that that board is above the players doesn't help anyone. Murray is entitled to go to Uni and play cricket in SA especially when there quality on offer in Zim is at a much lower level, and the amount is terrible. ZC should be looking at it as him getting free coaching and game time without ZC having to put anything in, and them needing to allow that development and ensuring they have him in the squad.

Like you say, with a training squad of 27, what harm is there in bringing him in and keeping the competition between the keepers strong. Keep the others on their toes that their spot is not guaranteed or safe.

I get the point about those in the domestic scene having to be given the chance, but again, not like we have an abundance of domestic players putting their hand up and knocking on the door. When we have genuinely talented players in our midst who are begging to be selected, we need to be treating them a bit better.

Unfortunately the reality is that cricket players cannot see it as the only option anymore in Zim. Because of the economy a lot of them won't be able to make a living from cricket comfortably by purely playing in zim. Even after their careers, a lot of them will not be able to just stay in cricket, they will need to do other businesses and that is where the uni degree is necessary. Sadly, it is the environment that ZC and the government have created that has caused these problems.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m just giving you another point of view

As I said Murray is all potential at this point, no real product as of yet, I would imagine Rajput hasn’t seen any of Murray this season in South African club cricket

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:19 am
I’m just giving you another point of view

As I said Murray is all potential at this point, no real product as of yet, I would imagine Rajput hasn’t seen any of Murray this season in South African club cricket
Oh definitely. I see where you are coming from. Just engaging in dialogue.

He is 20 and we know he has potential. The training camps are where you see what that potential is and how to develop it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

For me it’s about a player having the capacity to play well at international level. We have a lot of capped players that do well in our domestic league yet can’t make the step up. If you give them enough exposure they will have the odd good performance, but they can’t do it regularly enough. We are top heavy with these types and if we persevere with them we’re going to get the same results.
I just don’t see a 26-36 year old that we’ve seen many times before suddenly become a Mike Hussey. The seasons roll by and we continue to not give the guys like Burl, Masakanda and Murray every opportunity. It’s plain as day that they have a bit extra, although the stats may not show it.
Why not throw Shumba into the mix? We’re the only team that keeps not giving youngsters a shot. At 19 you’re too stupid to have doubts. Three seasons in Zim makes you believe you’re crap and most of the battle is lost.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

For all the people (everyone0 saying Murray is entitled and should go to Uni.
Why cant he;
a) Play cricket then do uni after

or,
b) Study Part Time and Play Full Time (or a combo of both)?

Alot of footballers do studies during the week to pass the free time.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.