[Match Thread] UAE vs Zimbabwe A at Old Hararians

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] UAE vs Zimbabwe A at Old Hararians

Post by zimbos_05 »

Unfortunately looks like I jinxed Oldknow. Sorry mate.

Nothing like a good old collapse from a Zim side. This does not bode well at all for the future. Our players need to have more game time against bigger opposition more regularly. It's always nice when Zim have a series, but I am starting to get worried for the main series.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Young Shardendorf can really play. If Myers did well then Dane Shardendorf can also hold his own at this level, I mean he’s sharp!! Why would they give Oldknow game time when he doesn’t even play here and Shardendorf is right here and a fine prospect?

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Myers is the one with a weird bowling action isn't he? I remember seeing him at the last u19 world cup.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Why the helll is madhevere not getting a bat. One of our best batsmen at the under 19 world cup. Facepalm

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Myers has a career ending bowling action for sure, but he’s nippy. I rate him as a batsman, and he’s mature for his age. I’d say Shardendorf is probably better technically, but although they’re the same age Myers has a better head on his shoulders at the moment. It’s all work in progress, they’re young.
Madhevere has decent batting stats for sure, and has done well at school in SA. I’ve watched him bat a few times, but the aforementioned two are better batting prospects for me. I watched one innings he played in SA where he made some runs, but there was something there that bothered me. He has been well coached and technically pretty good, but I just can’t put my finger on it....
maybe lacks a bit of self assuredness... I dunno.
Myers has a bring it on kind of attitude that I like, backs it up as well.
Then you’ve got Muyeye- sorry I’m a big big fan. A young Brian Lara in the making.
The good youngsters can change gear. That’s what I’m trying to say.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Nice that some younger guys are playing, but why the fuck has Ryan Murray been ignored, having actually been selected to play in the ODI's last year.
Strange to say the least

Googly

Post by Googly »

If Myers takes a couple of wickets just now then how much more do you have to stick your hand up?

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Nothing ever changes , how the crud isn’t Murray not playing . Does my head in , we have the talent and choose to ignore it constantly and wonder why we are shit . :roll:
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d like to have seen Myers and Madhevere bowl a few overs. That looked like a well paced run chase.
Was Madhevere even on the field, didn’t bat or bowl ina 12 man game, that’s odd.
It’s a bit ominous that Chari, Kamunhukamwe and Kaia didn’t get amongst a few runs. They had to wait for a 16 year old and the guy whose life they’ve wasted so far to save us from real embarrassment. It’s only one game and this is what cricket is about, but it looks a bit ominous.
The gap between these three and Hammy, Ervine, BT, Williams, PJ and Raza is huge. I’m sorry but at international level theyre not going to bridge that gap. We’re probably going to be without Hamilton and Taylor if combined ZC prayers and Prophet Magaya doesn’t fix them. Zim basically have 2-4 years to find 3 batters for when there are some retirements.

kudet

Post by kudet »

Googly wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:22 am
I haven’t seen Oldknow so not disrespecting the boy, but he should not be there ahead of Murray. What a poor message being sent. He’s been at school in the UK for cricket, but didn’t bat up front in his first season, yet has done fairly well in a couple of trials games he’s had here.
I’ve just spoken to someone that has seen him play, apparently has a very good eye, but technically needs a bit of work and doesn’t like the short ball, not that anyone is too fond of it :lol: , but is pretty decent.
BUT this lad before Murray is not fair.
https://twitter.com/Kings_cricket/statu ... 1217980417