[ODI 1] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ODI 1] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Post by Andybligzz »

Can only beat what’s in front of you and that was a big statement from the fellas , beautifully bowled by Jarvis chatara and Tiripano really strangled the UAE . Great effort with the blade by ervine , his form has continued , such a good player when in form . Also a handy knock by Regis who also kept very well , still not a fan but solid game by him. Very happy with the result
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Clinical performance.

A one off game in a tournament only highlights how the two teams did on the day. UAE played solid cricket at the qualifiers and Zimbabwe choked.

But a series will reveal the actual gulf between the sides, if one exists. Sans Taylor, I think the two teams will be competitively matched. I think the series will either be 2-2 or 3-1 to ZIM.

The key for Zimbabwe will be to not get complacent with this result as the UAE will feel they can only improve from such an insipid performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Very good performance by Zimbabwe, but then again it's just the UAE. Zim need to keep up this momentum and whitewash them.

Good to see Ervine in such good form. What has happened, has happened guys. Zim need to aim for the tournaments coming up like the T20WC and the ODI league starting next year.

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

Congrats Zim on 1st ODI expected nothing less. anything short of a whitewash is unacceptable. I dont subscribe to this 3-1 is good. only recomendation is that regis move down the order he isnt explosive enough to open.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Free Spirit wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 am
Congrats Zim on 1st ODI expected nothing less. anything short of a whitewash is unacceptable. I dont subscribe to this 3-1 is good. only recomendation is that regis move down the order he isnt explosive enough to open.
The problem is none of our top batsmen want to or can open! So there have to be one or two sacrificial lambs shunted to the opening berths out of their usual positions,