[ODI 2] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [ODI 2] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Post by Googly »

Jeez what a pity light spoilt what was going to be a good end. Still a nail biter though, and intelligently done by PJ in particular, but Reggie came good at the end.
Reg played well and people will look back and say he played a good anchor role, which he did, but he struggles to change gear. I’m not being too critical, he played well and it ended well for us.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t know how we lost to those guys. We’re a step up from them, particularly with Hammy, BT and Cremer in the team. I wasn’t so sure before but there’s a gap.

Here’s what’s interesting though, the commentators said the UAE side was depleted because they had 5/6 of their players in U19 camp. That tells a story that ZC will never grasp.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

that was a close one from the chevrons ;) .. fantastic bowling by jarv and backed well by the don and chats.. well played by reggie for holding the innings together although at a snails pace.. fantastic to see peej smash it like that :D .. led well today and good match awareness especially when he requested for the DLS par score sheet from the dug out.. disappointing modes of dismissals i must say from mire (he really has to stop playing that pull/pick up shot), ervine, williams and raza.. this was an exact match situation of the heartbreaking match a year ago.. they really are over this
Last edited by kudet on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Very very good and important win for Zimbabwe. Good stuff by PJ Moor, Chakabva and Jarvis.

2-0 up then and I say this might just be the right time for Zimbabwe to give exposure to a couple of youngsters in the next 2 games, may be Muskanda, Burl or Kamunhukamwe could have been given a chance.

Creamer is being missed, I wish he changes his mind and somehow makes a comeback.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

Free Spirit wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Tough to win from here. I feel these wickets(except Ervine) are a symptom of Chakabva's batting. Regis is the best keeper batsman we have in test but we shud never have him open the batting again.
i think it would he a harsh assessment of reggie.. whilst i agree that he scored at a slow pace, he held his own end.. the other guys being seniors should have played responsible shots..

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

Excellent comeback from Zimbabwe great spirit and resolve. Some pointers:
*Jarvis was superb.
* We let UAE off the hook after being 3 down **worrying
* PJ still learning and will get better in managing situations e.g switch up bowlers abit more.
*Duckworth and Lewis must have had afew drink coming up with their formula.
*Mire abit 1 dimensional
*Regis isnt an opener nor ODI player.
*Hence his poor strike rate put pressure on other batsman to accelerate. (Although senior players should have applied themselves better).
* Having said that he came good and deserves high praise.
* UAE were pathetic in the field.
* Sublime batting from PJ.
* Got away with one today. Some improvement needed.

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

kudet wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:20 pm
Free Spirit wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Tough to win from here. I feel these wickets(except Ervine) are a symptom of Chakabva's batting. Regis is the best keeper batsman we have in test but we shud never have him open the batting again.
i think it would he a harsh assessment of reggie.. whilst i agree that he scored at a slow pace, he held his own end.. the other guys being seniors should have played responsible shots..
In the end it worked out and reggie played a very important innings. Had we lost we would be looking at it differently. I sympathise with reggie he isnt an opener. He's a decent player thrown in the deep end. Fact remain he struggled massively initially and cause unnecessary pressure.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I thought Chakabva played really well, it is very important when you play that sort of an anchor role that you stay there till the end and Regis did exactly that. Full marks to him, in the end he and PJ got the job done.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I want to see them give Burl and young Myers a shot, maybe if we win the next game so the last one is a dead rubber they will take a leap of faith. He scored a comfortable run a ball 50, which was damned good.

Donald

Post by Donald »

I want to see the leftie shumba in the squad....Myers and burl would be a good pick. There doesn't seem to be a discernable youth policy