[ODI 2] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ODI 2] Zimbabwe vs UAE

Post by jward »

kngow wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am
Why's Chisoro not being given chances? He couldn't be too poor. I was hoping Ndolvu gets a shot.

Meanwhile, UAE have got a good partnership. If we want to get opportunities against bigger teams and be respected as a full nation in cricket, we need to stomp aside an expat-ridden team with ease!
I agree with you, I think Chisoro is a much better one-day bowler than Mavuta right now.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I actually thought UAE had the game in the bag once it was 90 odd to get off the final 10 overs. But UAE didn't deserve to win after fielding and bowling like amateurs (after batting like amateurs in the first 10 overs). If they don't rectify their massive gaps, they will be losing 4-0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I went to sleep with an uneasy feeling. We were letting the game get away from us. Fortunately for those quick wickets towards the end of their innings.

I will never ever understand DLS. It just nonsensical.

Good to see the fight from PJ and taking the game to them. I tend to feel like we give our opposition way too much respect. Regardless of who they are. Any other full member would be smashing this UAE side. We need to start doing that.

I understand Regis' role, I think he goes about it the wrong way. He plays the anchor role, but he still needs to make sure he keeps rotating the strike and aiming for close to run a ball, particularly in a shortened game with the threat of rain. My one concern is that Mire hasn't fired for some time. Then Hammy will walk back in, and we go back to square one. Two elder guys at the top, one who isn't firing and the other who shouldn't be guaranteed a spot (I think should be dropped) and then when one of them can't play, we go back to the opening problem. Really is a case of getting the youth more blooded.

The difference between the youth now and the youth in 04/05 is that the youth now are playing weaker opposition. They should see it as an opportunity to cement a spot and prove their worth on the team.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’ll admit Regis had me worried and yes his slow start may have been a factor in putting pressure on the other batsman who got out caught in the deep. But in hindsight he played his role to perfection and all he needed was for a couple of guys to bat around him and it would have been an easy win. Teams have game plans in both bowling and batting, the Zimbabwe side looked like their batting plan was for Reggie to anchor the innings.

Not sure what the future holds for Regis? I still don’t think ODI cricket is suited to him, against the better sides he’d likely struggle more with his strike rate, but I’m glad he at least got one half century to his name, he’s too good a player to have a record like he does in ODI.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I saw a lot of comments on Facebook saying Regis player the anchor role well.

But I’d argue (and date I say I think I’m preaching to the converted here) why play in anchor mode in the modern game? You just got to go for it. You put pressure on the other guy when you do that.
If it’s there to be hit I want them to beat those balls harder than I did to mine last night when I found Samantha Saints Instagram live feed.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 am

But I’d argue (and date I say I think I’m preaching to the converted here) why play in anchor mode in the modern game? You just got to go for it. You put pressure on the other guy when you do that.
If it’s there to be hit I want them to beat those balls harder than I did to mine last night when I found Samantha Saints Instagram live feed.
I don’t agree that the ‘anchor role’ isn’t needed, especially for a side like Zimbabwe who don’t really have the quality to have every guy go out and strike over 100 like India do

But full marks to you Dogg for getting Regis Chakabva & Samantha Saint in the same sentence 😂😂😂
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:47 am

Holy shit this made me laugh ahah Samantha saint, glad I’m not the only fan
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!