[ODI 3] Zimbabwe v UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [ODI 3] Zimbabwe v UAE

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:01 am

I’ve actually been very impressed with the coverage and commentary, if this was what ZC proposed to Afghanistan and the ACB rejected it, it’s clear to me they’re way too big for shoes, nothing wrong with this coverage
There's a couple of issues with the ACB thing IMO:

1) quality of coverage - I too have been impressed by the quality of coverage. Its better than whatever company broadcasts BD matches (which has improved slightly once they got rid of that awful red and yellow color scheme). But the ACB weren't rejecting it on a quality basis. It wasn't a 4K vs standard def issue.

2) TV broadcast vs internet stream - As viewers we're only concerned with the accessability and the quality of the picture. But without a TV broadcast, there are limitations for the 3rd umpire in adjudicating certain close calls. I think there was a situation in the 2nd ODI where a Zimbabwe boundary was only given 2 runs because the 3rd umpire wasn't able to review whether the fielder had made a clean stop at the ropes or not. Its one thing if the 3rd umpire still can't determine it, or even makes a mistaken call (eg that stumping in the Sri Lanka Test in 2017). But not having the full tools at his disposal is really not inspiring.

3) And here it looks like like the broadcast, in whatever capacity, has been unreliable. The bottom line is its difficult for any board to have full faith in anything the ZC says. Even if ZC agrees to tour Afghanistan for example...at the last minute players will go on strike or ZC might claim that they can't afford the flight out unless the ACB pays for it (in addition to hosting expenses) at which point a cancelled tour is a lost opportunity for Afghanistan who could have hosted an Ireland or a Sri Lanka instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I have said this before and will say it again. Burl has more control on his legspin at this stage than Mavuta :)

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

And he gets a 4-fer! :W:

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to Zimbabwe on a well deserved series win. Go out there and complete the clean sweep in 2 days time. Team will be further strengthened once Brendan comes back for the tour of Netherlands and Ireland.

Perhaps time to consider Moor as the permanent captain in LOIs?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I believe that’s the quickest ODI century for a Zimbo well done Willo

So is Burl now the No.1 ODI spinner?? Rajpot mustn’t rate the other guys if he’s putting the part time Burl at the top of the tree.

Interesting to see what the lineup for the final match is? Poor old Timmy Maruma has played every game and pretty much fielded only, might see him move up the order in the last game
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Clinical performance yet again. ZIM really has outclassed the Emiratis all along.

Tour of Europe will be interesting. It’s 3 ODIs vs Ireland and how many vs Netherlands? Should be 3 vs each I reckon plus some T20s as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Still can't believe this UAE side denied us a spot at the WC. There are so many things I could blame, but none of that will ease the pain.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 am
Still can't believe this UAE side denied us a spot at the WC. There are so many things I could blame, but none of that will ease the pain.
Game 2 showed once again what the Duckworth Lewis System can do to a match, in this series Zimbabwe have dominated pretty much the whole time except for when Ghulam and Shaiman got together, for that one partnership D/L rewarded the UAE with an extra 40 runs for Zimbabwe to chase which turned the match into a contest.

I've already mentioned all the factors which eventually led to Zimbabwe's demise last year so won't go through it again, hopefully after this series and the WC is over we can all move on and somehow forget it

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

There’s been some really really good signs this series and it’s great to see the boys playing positive attacking cricket. From what I’ve seen PJ has been a breath of
Fresh air and seems to read the game extremely well, the batting has been top standard and the bowling has been tight and very disciplined . Burl has been the surprise for me taking 4 wickets , if he can bowl half as good as that on a regular basis we might have solved the “
Allrounder “ position we so desperately need,he could play a floating role . Especially if we are in trouble early he could be a anchor , if things are flowing
Obviously raza moves up . Now we have won the series would love to see some youth thrown in for the last game and have a taste of the future . What would
Be everyone’s changes for the final
Odi ?
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 am
What would
Be everyone’s changes for the final
Odi ?
Good question and no doubt there won't be any two sides the same from anyone here or from the actual selectors, I think they definitely need to try some other guys here, but they must also be careful not to jeopardise the result too much. I think some guys have had a good enough chance to show what they can do, whilst some others deserve another chance.

Mire - Hasn't hit top form yet but showed good signs in the last game, give him another chance to make a score

Kamunhukamwe - Not in the squad but neither was Burl, I'd be giving him a shot against the UAE guys.

Burl - I'd rather see him bat than bowl so if he's in the side lets see him finally bat in the top 3.

Maurma - Poor bloke has played every game and pretty much been a fielder throughout, deserves a chance to have a bat.

Williams - Has shown enough already this series but the side still needs some experience if the guys above fail, still need his bowling too.

Moor - Captain of side and like Williams the side need a couple of experienced guys if Burl, Maruma & Tinashe fail.

Regis - Side still needs a keeper, but he has had his chances to open so he can shuffle down to No.7

Mavuta - Not sure why he got dropped? One bad over in the 2nd ODI then drooped was harsh, still very raw but the more he plays the better.

Mumba - Didn't do well in the Chairman's XI game but no better time than now to give him another shot.

Mpofu - Give Bobby another chance this series, KJ, Chatara & Tiripano have done job.

Ngarava - Did ok in the Chairman's game so I think he'd be worth a shot.

I'd say it would be a much more even game if this lineup was picked, the three seamers have done enough this series so I think it's a good chance to try Mumba and Ngarava, likewise for Ervine he's had three decent innings so give Burl and Maruma a chance to have a bat, Raza despite not having made an impact with the bat has had a good bowl, plus he has that fractured hand which IMO isn't worth risking.