[ODI 3] Zimbabwe v UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ODI 3] Zimbabwe v UAE

Post by Andybligzz »

Exact same lineup I would go with as well jay, maybe would drop maruma and leave ervine in only because he’s in such great form and I really don’t rate maruma . Myers would be a awesome inclusion I feel and gives us fans a real buzz about the future! Really agree about Burl though ,
I know Sloan has raved about his bowling for a while, something definitely there to work with . I’m
Still so shocked that he has been included out
Of no where .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:44 am
Exact same lineup I would go with as well jay, maybe would drop maruma and leave ervine in only because he’s in such great form and I really don’t rate maruma . Myers would be a awesome inclusion I feel and gives us fans a real buzz about the future! Really agree about Burl though ,
I know Sloan has raved about his bowling for a while, something definitely there to work with . I’m
Still so shocked that he has been included out
Of no where .
Yeah if I’m honest I don’t see Maruma cutting it against better opponents but I feel bad for the guy, he’s had a massive domestic season and deserved his chance, he’s played 3 matches and faced 2 balls for 4*

I think he deserves at least one proper chance
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Lineup I would go with is

1. Kamunhukamwe
2. Burl
3. Maruma
4. Ervine
5. Williams
6. Moor
7. Chakabva (wk)
8. Tiripano
9. Mumba
10. Ndlovu
11. Jarvis

Trying to balance the youth with the expereince. Maruma has not had a bat all series and he is meant to be picked as a batter, so want to give him that chance at the top. Dropping Chakabva lower down and he has earned his spot as wk this series.

Obviously going for youth up front, keeping the solidity of Ervine, Williams and Moor in the middle order in case of a poor start.

Bowlers have a mix of experience with Jarvis and then the youth in Mumba and Ndlovu to see what they can do. Tiripano seems to have been a good back up options this series, so keeping him as the third seamer. Williams and Burl earn their spots too as back up spinners and a fifth bowling option. Can't really drop a guy after taking 4 in the previous match. Not a fan of Mpofu so much. He seems to not have as much control with his bowling and I don't think we'll learn anything new by playing him.

I think it's a good balance between youth and experience and gives us an opportunity to see what guys are capable of a match situation, and one where the pressure should not be as much.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

The one change I'd like to see is Burl opening because he has the potential to be a long term solution there whereas Regis is only a stop-gap in the absence of Hami and BT.

Otherwise not too many experiments please. Let's go for the whitewash.

jward

Post by jward »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 pm
I believe that’s the quickest ODI century for a Zimbo well done Willo

So is Burl now the No.1 ODI spinner?? Rajpot mustn’t rate the other guys if he’s putting the part time Burl at the top of the tree.

Interesting to see what the lineup for the final match is? Poor old Timmy Maruma has played every game and pretty much fielded only, might see him move up the order in the last game
Burl bowled reasonably enough, but, to be honest, his figures flattered him as the tail-enders for some reason were just slogging wildly with no effort to stay in and play properly.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

jward wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Burl bowled reasonably enough, but, to be honest, his figures flattered him as the tail-enders for some reason were just slogging wildly with no effort to stay in and play properly.
Yes I wouldn’t be getting too excited about that, still not sure why they picked him as the main spinner over Mavuta or Ndlovu??

Nobody actually pointed it out but it was the return of the infamous 8-3 lineup again
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement