[ODI 4] Zimbabwe v UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [ODI 4] Zimbabwe v UAE

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Absolute shit in the last 5 minutes. 79/2 to 79/5 !!!

kngow

Post by kngow »

I cannot stand the thought of Rohan Mustafa's face now. Come on Raza, get us home! We've got him and Maruma, then Burl that's it. Terrible form, what looked like a simple chase with Ervine and Williams is now wobbly with Timycen Maruma and Raza asked to chase that. Still, RRR isn't too bad.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Maruma maximizing the only opportunity he got and getting his career best score. He was not even looking at a chance to bat with Zim sticking to the traditional batting order, but that collapse coming to him as a blessing in disguise...

And OUT, as I type this.

kngow

Post by kngow »

:W: Swing like a madman, you'll get some sixers, sure. But then, that happens as well. Still, loved to see him smash off against UAE.

kngow

Post by kngow »

Whitewash! 4-0, yeah it's against UAE but a whitewash is a whitewash. Jarvis was MoTM and Chakabva was MoTS. IMO, I'd have had Chats or Jarv as Player of the Series but credit to Regis, he played when it counted. Positives? Captaincy from Moor seems promising, he's the future after Hammy. Chakabva looks like an OK backup, bats well too, for Taylor if Moor won't keep. Jarvis and Chatara are potent as ever. Burl is not too bad with the ball, could become the next Raza/Williams type.

Also, regarding Mire, I'd have him as my reserve opener, and have Chakabva/Masakadza open. Middle order composed of BT, Raza, Williams, Moor, Ervine, Burl. Three full time bowlers in Jarvis, Chatara and...Mavuta? Mpofu? I'd go with the latter as our spinners (Raza, Williams and Burl) look OK, going forward. Raza and Williams have become full time all rounders, 10 overs from the confirmed. 8/3 seems like the best choice now, although introducing people like Madhevere, Tiripano, Madziva and Musakanda won't hurt, considering our next opposition is the Netherlands.

A ray of sunshine? I want to be optimistic.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Mavuta has to up his game big time. He’s looking like a bit of a flash in the pan to me. He’s currently a club bowler at best, you can’t bowl two crap deliveries an over at international level. Solly is looking really out of sorts, he’s got very hard hands for an opener.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations to Zimbabwe on a 4-0 whitewash. Well deserved and this would ease some of those memories of last year's defeat to the UAE.

Zimbabwe need to keep this winning momentum going against Netherlands and Ireland come June.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Winning against anyone is good for a team , I don’t care it’s the uae . 4-0 is a decent effort and With no Taylor we stood up with the bat , I really don’t like us chasing I just think we are mentally weak with pressure so the more we get exposed to it the better . I wrote maruma off, he might have only played but two innings but he hasn’t been dismissed this series , and his highest score when it mattered.he deserves another go and has done well for himself. Jarvis and chatara were simply awesome with the ball and in my opinion Jarvis was the player of the series , solid contributions by Donald , raza , Burl and Mpofu with the ball even mavuta was alright and was harshly dropped. Chakabva , ervine and Williams were simply awesome with the bat and it’s good to see Regis do well , another one I doubted. The more people putting on pressure for a spot the better , also a great captaincy performance by PJ and a very handy couple of innings , overall I’m very happy and we can only get better with Taylor coming back . Sadly hammy could be done ?
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

kngow wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm
Whitewash! 4-0, yeah it's against UAE but a whitewash is a whitewash. Jarvis was MoTM and Chakabva was MoTS. IMO, I'd have had Chats or Jarv as Player of the Series but credit to Regis, he played when it counted. Positives? Captaincy from Moor seems promising, he's the future after Hammy. Chakabva looks like an OK backup, bats well too, for Taylor if Moor won't keep. Jarvis and Chatara are potent as ever. Burl is not too bad with the ball, could become the next Raza/Williams type.

Also, regarding Mire, I'd have him as my reserve opener, and have Chakabva/Masakadza open. Middle order composed of BT, Raza, Williams, Moor, Ervine, Burl. Three full time bowlers in Jarvis, Chatara and...Mavuta? Mpofu? I'd go with the latter as our spinners (Raza, Williams and Burl) look OK, going forward. Raza and Williams have become full time all rounders, 10 overs from the confirmed. 8/3 seems like the best choice now, although introducing people like Madhevere, Tiripano, Madziva and Musakanda won't hurt, considering our next opposition is the Netherlands.

A ray of sunshine? I want to be optimistic.
Yes, Reggie did have a good series, but it makes no sense to me why Kyle Jarvis was not Player of the Series. He bowled brilliantly and was all over the UAE top-order batsmen like Ebola. They couldn't handle him at all, although today (ironically when he was awarded MOM), he didn't quite show the same dominance, although still very good. If you asked the UAE team which one of the Zimbabwe players they would most like NOT to be in the Zim team, I am certain they would fall over themselves to say Jarvis. I can't wait to see how he shapes against stronger teams.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

4-0 whitewash as expected. Hard to know how we ever lost to these clowns.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes