[ODI 4] Zimbabwe v UAE

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [ODI 4] Zimbabwe v UAE

Post by Jemisi »

Well done Zim. Plenty of encouragement from the decent players. Missing Taylor and Hami too. Hope for Europe in the winter.

kngow

Post by kngow »

jward wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 pm
kngow wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm
Whitewash! 4-0, yeah it's against UAE but a whitewash is a whitewash. Jarvis was MoTM and Chakabva was MoTS. IMO, I'd have had Chats or Jarv as Player of the Series but credit to Regis, he played when it counted. Positives? Captaincy from Moor seems promising, he's the future after Hammy. Chakabva looks like an OK backup, bats well too, for Taylor if Moor won't keep. Jarvis and Chatara are potent as ever. Burl is not too bad with the ball, could become the next Raza/Williams type.

Also, regarding Mire, I'd have him as my reserve opener, and have Chakabva/Masakadza open. Middle order composed of BT, Raza, Williams, Moor, Ervine, Burl. Three full time bowlers in Jarvis, Chatara and...Mavuta? Mpofu? I'd go with the latter as our spinners (Raza, Williams and Burl) look OK, going forward. Raza and Williams have become full time all rounders, 10 overs from the confirmed. 8/3 seems like the best choice now, although introducing people like Madhevere, Tiripano, Madziva and Musakanda won't hurt, considering our next opposition is the Netherlands.

A ray of sunshine? I want to be optimistic.
Yes, Reggie did have a good series, but it makes no sense to me why Kyle Jarvis was not Player of the Series. He bowled brilliantly and was all over the UAE top-order batsmen like Ebola. They couldn't handle him at all, although today (ironically when he was awarded MOM), he didn't quite show the same dominance, although still very good. If you asked the UAE team which one of the Zimbabwe players they would most like NOT to be in the Zim team, I am certain they would fall over themselves to say Jarvis. I can't wait to see how he shapes against stronger teams.
Well, makes sense, considering Kyle Jarvis is Ebola not Ebatsman. ;)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

:lol: :lol:

Good series indeed for Jarvis, Regis and Moor. Ervine and Williams did well too but they might feel that they could have cashed in even more. Especially Ervine with the form he was in. Chats not bad either, as usual.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Classic gag
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jward

Post by jward »

kngow wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 am
jward wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:48 pm
kngow wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:30 pm
Whitewash! 4-0, yeah it's against UAE but a whitewash is a whitewash. Jarvis was MoTM and Chakabva was MoTS. IMO, I'd have had Chats or Jarv as Player of the Series but credit to Regis, he played when it counted. Positives? Captaincy from Moor seems promising, he's the future after Hammy. Chakabva looks like an OK backup, bats well too, for Taylor if Moor won't keep. Jarvis and Chatara are potent as ever. Burl is not too bad with the ball, could become the next Raza/Williams type.

Also, regarding Mire, I'd have him as my reserve opener, and have Chakabva/Masakadza open. Middle order composed of BT, Raza, Williams, Moor, Ervine, Burl. Three full time bowlers in Jarvis, Chatara and...Mavuta? Mpofu? I'd go with the latter as our spinners (Raza, Williams and Burl) look OK, going forward. Raza and Williams have become full time all rounders, 10 overs from the confirmed. 8/3 seems like the best choice now, although introducing people like Madhevere, Tiripano, Madziva and Musakanda won't hurt, considering our next opposition is the Netherlands.

A ray of sunshine? I want to be optimistic.
Yes, Reggie did have a good series, but it makes no sense to me why Kyle Jarvis was not Player of the Series. He bowled brilliantly and was all over the UAE top-order batsmen like Ebola. They couldn't handle him at all, although today (ironically when he was awarded MOM), he didn't quite show the same dominance, although still very good. If you asked the UAE team which one of the Zimbabwe players they would most like NOT to be in the Zim team, I am certain they would fall over themselves to say Jarvis. I can't wait to see how he shapes against stronger teams.
Lol. I forgot to mention his statistics. 10 wickets in the series for 77 runs - an average of 7.70. That speaks for itself.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 am
:lol: :lol:

Good series indeed for Jarvis, Regis and Moor. Ervine and Williams did well too but they might feel that they could have cashed in even more. Especially Ervine with the form he was in. Chats not bad either, as usual.
My thoughts exactly
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Overall such a convincing series win which is good to see. Still makes the loss last year very hard to take though. I think that one will stick with all of us forever.

One disappointing thing I didn't like was how we lost frequent wickets yersterday. Didn't watch the game so can't say, but chasing a low total with many overs to spare, don't think we had to go too hard at hit and lose wickets that quickly.

In the end, a fantastic series win and nice to see that we can do without Hammy and Taylor. Moor should be captain. Love watching an in form Craig and Sean. Jarvis was fantastic with the ball. Chakabva did a great job behind the stumps and with the bat too. Hopefully this is the start of some good changes. Be good to see more youngsters coming through and blooded, and some of the older lot moving to mentor roles.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d love Minister Coventry to send a congratulatory tweet to Hammy and see the multitudes calling her a racist this time around. She posts a pic of her in a maternity type ward and answers a question with “I’m pushing hard”
Not sure she meant to do that. She’s a non starter as a minister, pure window dressing.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Great that Zim won 4-0. I have that world cup qualifyer vs UAE on record on my TV. The whole game. I still can't bring myself to watch it.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Robbo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 pm
Great that Zim won 4-0. I have that world cup qualifyer vs UAE on record on my TV. The whole game. I still can't bring myself to watch it.
So do I , still shocks me that ervine came in so late.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!