A 10 team World Cup is starting to sound like a good idea....

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
HenryBraxton
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

A 10 team World Cup is starting to sound like a good idea....

Post by HenryBraxton »

As long as those 10 teams are Ireland, Scotland, Zimbabwe, West Indies, Netherlands, UAE, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Nepal, PNG

This tournament has been far more competitive, played with more passion and had far higher stakes than any other international tournament I’ve ever seen. Almost every game has been close, every third game has been an upset and the standard of cricket has been awesome.

Tbh I’d rather see these teams play when every game is high stakes than the dead runners the new World Cup format is going to promote.

sloandog

Re: A 10 team World Cup is starting to sound like a good idea....

Post by sloandog »

My head hurts

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

This US Side looking strong, can be more competative with Zimbabwe then UAE. Recently, they smashed a good eough Zimbabwe A side in a practice match.

Some top recruits from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Windies making this US Side looks best till now, in their Cricket History
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Zimbabwe will never make it to the World Cup with this format ...The best chance we had is when we lost to UAE..

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Wait....Is there a WC in 2019 in UK? I have no idea because I live in UK and there has been minimal marketing and no British white has any idea if there is WC next month, They know about Ashes though which is after WC. ICC, stop sucking India's cock and look toward globalizing this beautiful game before it becomes like field hockey

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

HenryBraxton wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:49 am
As long as those 10 teams are Ireland, Scotland, Zimbabwe, West Indies, Netherlands, UAE, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, Nepal, PNG

This tournament has been far more competitive, played with more passion and had far higher stakes than any other international tournament I’ve ever seen. Almost every game has been close, every third game has been an upset and the standard of cricket has been awesome.

Tbh I’d rather see these teams play when every game is high stakes than the dead runners the new World Cup format is going to promote.
At least Zimbabwe is represented by the Curran y
Go Zimbabwe

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I'm beginning to think this once sensible and enjoyable forum has been infected by some form of wireless LSD transmission, if our noble and hard working moderators had a month to spare they could delete 80% of the threads and nothing of any interest or value would be lost

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Train Driver wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 pm
if our noble and hard working moderators had a month to spare they could delete 80% of the threads and nothing of any interest or value would be lost
But all those "Best Zim XI" threads! Where would we be without them!?!?!

/s

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

maehara wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 am
Train Driver wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 9:35 pm
if our noble and hard working moderators had a month to spare they could delete 80% of the threads and nothing of any interest or value would be lost
But all those "Best Zim XI" threads! Where would we be without them!?!?!

/s
We'd be in ecstasy, now get some deleting done :lol: