Nobody is talking about women cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Mueddie28 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:36 pm

World Cup Women Qualify in Zimbabwe
Nobody is talking about women cricket

Mr Twig
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Mr Twig » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am

Probably because there are no whites :)

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:52 am

No one cares about women cricket.

Even if we did, they have never achieved anything to get excited about.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by foreignfield » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:13 pm

Nomatter! Our girls will win this! :D


* and Sarwan has recently been appointed as the Windies' batting consultant.

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Andybligzz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am
Probably because there are no whites :)

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?
always one of you , maybe it’s because it’s a rubbish standard and the men are barely spoke about so why would we be interested in the woman who have achieved nothing . I watch the aus woman play because they are genuinely talented . Stupid
Comment
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

User avatar
maehara
Administrator
Posts: 4016
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:27 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by maehara » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am
Probably because there are no whites :)
There's at least one regular white player, although the name escapes me at the moment.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:Even if we did, they have never achieved anything to get excited about.
IIRC they've won outright the last 2 Africa-region qualifying tournaments, which is a point in their favour. Although since the quality of the opposition is really nothing worth writing home about, they've gone on to the next stages to get properly thumped.

The women are here in Ireland for a series just before the men arrive. I may have to go along and watch one, as long at they're not too far of a hike away...

foreignfield
Posts: 4337
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:39 am
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by foreignfield » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:42 am

maehara wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am
Probably because there are no whites :)
There's at least one regular white player, although the name escapes me at the moment.
Do you mean Tasmeen Granger or Sharne Mayers? Not really.

As far as the Zim Ladies are concerned I think there's handful of forum members with a mild interest whenever there is something to talk about; a majority who don't care (and that's fine), and a minority of mysoginists who are forever lamenting the absence of their at times unlikely pal hhm.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1127
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by zimbos_05 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am
Probably because there are no whites :)

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?
always one of you , maybe it’s because it’s a rubbish standard and the men are barely spoke about so why would we be interested in the woman who have achieved nothing . I watch the aus woman play because they are genuinely talented . Stupid
Comment
This. Firstly, the marketing and support of it is poor. Look how they treat our mens team, an you imagine how they treat the women.

Secondly, the standard is extremely low. Aus/Eng/NZ/SA are so far ahead of the rest in the womens game its crazy. WBBL was quite exciting to watch at times. That womens semi-final between the Heat and Thunder was insane. I was going crazy when the Heat wont the title.

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Andybligzz » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:24 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am
Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am
Probably because there are no whites :)

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?
always one of you , maybe it’s because it’s a rubbish standard and the men are barely spoke about so why would we be interested in the woman who have achieved nothing . I watch the aus woman play because they are genuinely talented . Stupid
Comment
This. Firstly, the marketing and support of it is poor. Look how they treat our mens team, an you imagine how they treat the women.

Secondly, the standard is extremely low. Aus/Eng/NZ/SA are so far ahead of the rest in the womens game its crazy. WBBL was quite exciting to watch at times. That womens semi-final between the Heat and Thunder was insane. I was going crazy when the Heat wont the title.
I agree with you , even now India are trying to play catch up and have the woman’s ipl starting which will only make the game bigger . Zim cricket is such a shame because for such a small talent pool they constantly have produced very decent players .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Googly » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Ya I’ve watched a few women’s games here. It’s not great. I don’t know if they have club games or what in between the internationals.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests