Nobody is talking about women cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

World Cup Women Qualify in Zimbabwe

Mr Twig

Re: Nobody is talking about women cricket

Post by Mr Twig »

Probably because there are no whites :)

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

No one cares about women cricket.

Even if we did, they have never achieved anything to get excited about.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Nomatter! Our girls will win this! :D

* and Sarwan has recently been appointed as the Windies' batting consultant.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Mr Twig wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:54 am

According to Wikipedia, Zoe Goss is their head coach and Ramnaresh Sarwan is their batting consultant. Is that right?
always one of you , maybe it’s because it’s a rubbish standard and the men are barely spoke about so why would we be interested in the woman who have achieved nothing . I watch the aus woman play because they are genuinely talented . Stupid
Comment
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Mr Twig wrote:
There's at least one regular white player, although the name escapes me at the moment.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:Even if we did, they have never achieved anything to get excited about.
IIRC they've won outright the last 2 Africa-region qualifying tournaments, which is a point in their favour. Although since the quality of the opposition is really nothing worth writing home about, they've gone on to the next stages to get properly thumped.

The women are here in Ireland for a series just before the men arrive. I may have to go along and watch one, as long at they're not too far of a hike away...

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

maehara wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am
Mr Twig wrote:
There's at least one regular white player, although the name escapes me at the moment.
Do you mean Tasmeen Granger or Sharne Mayers? Not really.

As far as the Zim Ladies are concerned I think there's handful of forum members with a mild interest whenever there is something to talk about; a majority who don't care (and that's fine), and a minority of mysoginists who are forever lamenting the absence of their at times unlikely pal hhm.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am
Mr Twig wrote:

always one of you , maybe it’s because it’s a rubbish standard and the men are barely spoke about so why would we be interested in the woman who have achieved nothing . I watch the aus woman play because they are genuinely talented . Stupid
Comment
This. Firstly, the marketing and support of it is poor. Look how they treat our mens team, an you imagine how they treat the women.

Secondly, the standard is extremely low. Aus/Eng/NZ/SA are so far ahead of the rest in the womens game its crazy. WBBL was quite exciting to watch at times. That womens semi-final between the Heat and Thunder was insane. I was going crazy when the Heat wont the title.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:26 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am
Mr Twig wrote:

Comment
This. Firstly, the marketing and support of it is poor. Look how they treat our mens team, an you imagine how they treat the women.

Secondly, the standard is extremely low. Aus/Eng/NZ/SA are so far ahead of the rest in the womens game its crazy. WBBL was quite exciting to watch at times. That womens semi-final between the Heat and Thunder was insane. I was going crazy when the Heat wont the title.
I agree with you , even now India are trying to play catch up and have the woman’s ipl starting which will only make the game bigger . Zim cricket is such a shame because for such a small talent pool they constantly have produced very decent players .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I’ve watched a few women’s games here. It’s not great. I don’t know if they have club games or what in between the internationals.