Murray Goodwin’s son handed western Australian rookie contract

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Murray Goodwin’s son handed western Australian rookie contract

Post by Andybligzz »

jayden the son of Western Australia great and former Zimbabwean international Murray Goodwin has been given a rookie contract at the age of 17 by Western Australia , despite playing no grade cricket in his home state. Source by cricinfo :
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Mueddie28

Re: Murray Goodwin’s son handed western Australian rookie contract

Post by Mueddie28 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:51 am
jayden the son of Western Australia great and former Zimbabwean international Murray Goodwin has been given a rookie contract at the age of 17 by Western Australia , despite playing no grade cricket in his home state. Source by cricinfo :
ZC should just gives Jayden Goodwin a game...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Drop him a message, he’ll tear up his WA contract and will be on the next boat out.
I believe he’s a very good player, bowls quality leggies and can bat, which is an unusual combo, but helps if Pops opens the door for you.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Googly wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Drop him a message, he’ll tear up his WA contract and will be on the next boat out.
I believe he’s a very good player, bowls quality leggies and can bat, which is an unusual combo, but helps if Pops opens the door for you.
He’s a opening batsman who bowls regularly , just recently in a country league t20 comp he opened the batting while his dad Murray batted at number 4. From what I know they won the competition. He seems a very bright talent for sure !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Even with his dad helping him potentially to get into the team he must have a world of talent as WA arguably has one of the strongest squads with heaps of current internationals and former internationals with the likes of Shaun and Mitch marsh , Cameron Bancroft ,Jye Richardson, Hilton Cartwright , Andrew Tye ,Jason behrendoff , Nathan coulter-Nile, Joel Paris , Ashton Agar , Marcus Stoinis to name a few . The coach is former Australian test and odi cricketer Adam Voges who has taken over from current national coach Justin langer . All this is going to be huge for young Jayden , probaly couldn’t beat the apprenticeship he will get here in WA in terms of opportunities and quality around him.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yep I’ve read a bit about him and know his uncle. He’s a brilliant young talent. He’ll certainly be in their u19 WC side and may even Captain it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And no harm in fast tracking someone like that. It’s a high level of cricket he’s being exposed to though. All but the very best youngsters, by that I mean 16-19 year olds, often have a hard time of it initially, and I’m sure especially in Australia, those pros will be all over him. We’re watching with huge interest.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I’ve heard Murray Goodwin is an average bloke, is this trie

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm
I’ve heard Murray Goodwin is an average bloke, is this trie
From what I’ve heard he’s just quiet , nothing bad has been said about him here in the west with cricketers I know who have met him .

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Quiet people can easily be dismissed as snobs. I see it all the time. Moreso with bitches but also blokes too.

Hat said I know nothing of Goodwins personality so he could be a cunt and a half. I’m just saying that the human brain misinterprets quiet and shy as snobbery and rudeness often.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*