Anyone else not looking forward to it in the same way...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Anyone else not looking forward to it in the same way...

Post by jaybro »

Miller should be in the first 2-3 guys picked imo
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The West Indies have absolutely destroyed Pakistan today. Russell was lethal up front, Holder showing why he's so dangerous when the ball nips and swings, and then Thomas comes in as 5th change with blunt force and sheering pace. What a pace bowling line up they have, considering another 90mph in Gabriel isn't playing and arguably their best bowler in Roach was not selected. I'm just, lost for words. It actually looked quick, as well. Guys like Babar and Harris Sohail usually ooze time when facing this kind of bowling, but today they just looked totally over their heads.

Russell and Thomas both clocked in at 92mph, Cottrell 87mph and even Holder bent his back and hit 86mph today. My point is, they have some fire in their attack again, something which was missing four years ago in Aus/NZ.

Pooran and Gayle flattened the innings within 15 overs I think. The former is one hell of a rising start for this side. Pooran, Hetmyr, Hope and Evin Lewis are 4 youngsters who should look to carry this ODI side forward in years to come. Throw in Sherfaine Ruherford and they have a stupidly explosive batting order, all within their early and mid 20's!

Russell, Brathwaite, Gayle are more blunt force trauma, but they do it so damn easily. I'm calling it now, West Indies to reach the final. You heard it here first, especially considering Thomas wouldn't have bowled much to them. He'll be alien to them.

Come on the Windies!! After England

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Watched the game last night , I rate the windies a lot .gayle seemed to have really tweeked his back though which if serious throws them out the door I believe . On their day and if the pitches don’t spin towards the back end of the tournament the likes of Lewis , gayle, Pooran , heytmer , hope , Russell can blow any team away and with the likes of cottrell , holder , Thomas , Russell and even Gabriel to a smaller extent they can rip through teams. Honestly such a exciting team , love watching them play .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Hoping Australia pummels Afghanistan into the dirt.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I think the Windies will fall short due to their spin department or lack there of, Nurse is average and Allen isn’t much better.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement