[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by eugene »

South Africa v West Indies washed out today. South Africa are really following in the steps of Pakistan in 1992 who after five games had won 1, lost 3, and 1 no result. Thus the Proteas are my pick to win it all!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm
South Africa v West Indies washed out today. South Africa are really following in the steps of Pakistan in 1992 who after five games had won 1, lost 3, and 1 no result. Thus the Proteas are my pick to win it all!
Really? What makes or made you think they could win it all? I was very confident this would happen to them.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Proteas are going home early
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:22 pm
eugene wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:31 pm
Really? What makes or made you think they could win it all? I was very confident this would happen to them.
That's Eugene doing a Zaltzman.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am

Aussie bowling attack just conceded 350 and 290 to the Windies. So Babar scoring runs vs them isnt a big deal, given that Tamim and Mushy will also score good runs. Tamim already has in the 2017 champions trophy.
Incorrect and presumptuous 😂😂😂😂

Australia didn’t concede 290 to the West Indies

“Tamim & Mushy will also score good runs” what exactly are good runs?

Just to be clear you’re claiming the Bangladesh bowling lineup is better than Australia’s ??

Just to be clear because at the moment it seems like you’re trying to make big statements but don’t have the balls to do so
I guess Aussie educational system needs an overhaul in English comprehension in their curriculum... :D

I said IF (ie conditional), you follow the "Babar scored runs vs XYZ team in XYZ" as the criteria, don't use the team with the 3rd shittiest home bowling average to make your point. That would be like using Fraser Anning to demonstrate how reasonable an Australian might be.

In this context "good runs" would be whatever runs Babar Azam averages during the course of this world cup since since the consensus seems to be that Babar Azam and Australia as the respective batting and bowling benchmarks. "Babar has scored runs in Australia vs Australia..." or so went the argument, without realizing that in that aproximate time period (since 2015 World Cup), Australia have had the 3rd shittiest home ODI bowling average, so one better be scoring some runs!

I've only made one big statement - at least that I consider big and that is that Bangladesh would win 4-5 games in the world cup. Thats all. The only other statement that comes close to being big is that Babar is half as good as Mushfiq and I walked that back after looking at the stats. Mushfiq is only slightly better than Babar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Worried that today is going to be yet another wash out 😞😞 seriously isn’t good that we don’t have any reserve days, at least for the group matches. Would have been extremely useful.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:04 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:49 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:41 am

Aussie bowling attack just conceded 350 and 290 to the Windies. So Babar scoring runs vs them isnt a big deal, given that Tamim and Mushy will also score good runs. Tamim already has in the 2017 champions trophy.
Incorrect and presumptuous 😂😂😂😂

Australia didn’t concede 290 to the West Indies

“Tamim & Mushy will also score good runs” what exactly are good runs?

Just to be clear you’re claiming the Bangladesh bowling lineup is better than Australia’s ??

Just to be clear because at the moment it seems like you’re trying to make big statements but don’t have the balls to do so
I guess Aussie educational system needs an overhaul in English comprehension in their curriculum... :D

I said IF (ie conditional), you follow the "Babar scored runs vs XYZ team in XYZ" as the criteria, don't use the team with the 3rd shittiest home bowling average to make your point. That would be like using Fraser Anning to demonstrate how reasonable an Australian might be.

In this context "good runs" would be whatever runs Babar Azam averages during the course of this world cup since since the consensus seems to be that Babar Azam and Australia as the respective batting and bowling benchmarks. "Babar has scored runs in Australia vs Australia..." or so went the argument, without realizing that in that aproximate time period (since 2015 World Cup), Australia have had the 3rd shittiest home ODI bowling average, so one better be scoring some runs!

I've only made one big statement - at least that I consider big and that is that Bangladesh would win 4-5 games in the world cup. Thats all. The only other statement that comes close to being big is that Babar is half as good as Mushfiq and I walked that back after looking at the stats. Mushfiq is only slightly better than Babar.
Hahahah ignoring your incorrect statement up top but that’s ok everyone else saw it.

Again you’re trying to make a statement but still don’t have the balls to say it, you’ve said Bangladesh bowling at home is the bench mark and Australia is the 3rd worst at home. Now everyone knows that because Australia prepare dead pitches good for big run scoring and they don’t play the lessor sides.

Let’s cut the bullshit and silly stats, who’s a better bowling side Bangladesh or Australia ??

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This is a long tournament, Proteas can still turn things around. The tournament is not won or lost in the first three games. The washout really hasn't helped South Africa's cause however.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Australia not at their best but do enough to beat Pakistan, Australia really need to think a bit smarter regarding their lineup, Shaun Marsh in to replace the injured Stoinis gave them one less ‘finisher’ and one extra ‘banker’ but yet they still promoted Maxwell to No.4 leaving Khawaja & Marsh to come in during the final power play.

They need to make the tough call and just leave Khawaja out of the side, he’s an opener in ODI cricket and if they really want Smith at No.3 you can’t have Khawaja at No.4, leaving Handscomb at home is really starting to look like a bad move.

I think they’re also regretting leaving Hazlewood at home as well, especially with Jhye Richardson our of the squad the third bowling option of NCN or Kane Richardson looks weak. Not sure why Berendorff hasn’t played?

Also Nathan Lyon hasn’t played a game yet, possibly another wasted selection.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh aussies were good last night but they have the lineup completely wrong and seems unbalanced a lot to me. I really rate mitch marsh and Shaun marsh in odi cricket and think the inclusion of mitch is a massive moment for aus, if he fires aus will win the World Cup for me. Huge call but his batting is consistent and he rotates the strike better than stoinis , also his bowling is a tad better than stoinis as well. He has 5 for at the last World Cup ! If you simply look at his stats he is a gun . Sadly social media and bandwagon morons love to write him
Off on social media and tend to enjoy slagging a bloke . His test stats are revolting yes but short form he is a gun . I think Kane Richardson is shiteee and I’ve said it for years . My best line up for aus would be 1. Warner 2.finch 3.smith 4.s.marsh 5.g.maxwell 6.m.marsh 7. Carey 8. coulternile 9. Cummins 10. Starc . 11 . Lyon
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!