[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:03 pm
Had he dived, would India have made the final?

I like Dhoni a lot and think he's one of the greats. And in general I'm a defender of his recent go-slow approach because he's so damn good. There was a stat that of games he's been not-out in, India has won 47 and lost 2. But today, I wonder if he went too slowly. Had he gone at a run a ball or even a strike rate of about 80, there would have been much less pressure in those final few overs.

I thought Williamson's tactics were spot on except for one thing. He should have eked out another Neesham or de Grandhomme over earlier in the innings, it was cutting it too fine to hold Neesham back until the end even though it worked out because Ferguson bowled a brilliant penultimate over.
I watched the game and to be honest people have been too soft on the prick. He put Jadeja under incredible pressure with his 60% RR. It was criminal.
If they went into the last 3 overs with 10 more runs on the board, which he coud have easily glanced off instead of blocking and leaving throughout the innings, then India wins. Instead of 36 of 26, its 26, and when the wicke was done instead of being 25 off 11, it would have been 15 off 11. You get me.

Dhoni lost them the game. Simple.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm
So you can keep Zimbabwe out of the world cup, but you can't stop a Zimbabwean from reaching the world cup final.

Colin de Grandhomme. The first Zimbabwe born player to reach a cricket world cup final?
Hick played the '92 final, hopefully de Grandhomme is the first Zimbo in a world cup winning side this time around

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

rusty17 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:59 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm
So you can keep Zimbabwe out of the world cup, but you can't stop a Zimbabwean from reaching the world cup final.

Colin de Grandhomme. The first Zimbabwe born player to reach a cricket world cup final?
Hick played the '92 final, hopefully de Grandhomme is the first Zimbo in a world cup winning side this time around
Thanks! Had forgotten Hick 1992 altogether. Yeah, hope CdG wins the cup.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yeah have to agree that Dhoni left it too late for a flurry and made the job a lot harder than it needed to be, hard to critical of him considering he's been the best finisher for years, but it's as if he 'gets off' over watching the RRR get out of control before bringing it home late. On good batting decks you can go into the last 3 needing 10 an over and being comfortable, but on the deck like that it was always going to be tough.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Black caps win the whole thing
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:56 am
Yeah have to agree that Dhoni left it too late for a flurry and made the job a lot harder than it needed to be, hard to critical of him considering he's been the best finisher for years, but it's as if he 'gets off' over watching the RRR get out of control before bringing it home late. On good batting decks you can go into the last 3 needing 10 an over and being comfortable, but on the deck like that it was always going to be tough.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Black caps win the whole thing
Cumon , cup number 6 for the Aussie in Us ;) nothing better than seeing India choke on pressure. All their fans sooking made me so happy , can’t stand them .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

terrific result for NZ. I did not think NZ were "lucky" to have made the semis over Pakistan because the tie breaker wasn't a coin toss, but net run rate. Pakistan fucked their own net run rate and NZ didn't.

I did however rate NZ as the most vulnerable of the top 4, and I stand by that. Still, I am so very pleased to see them win. probably my 2nd favorite team in world cricket. They play such an exciting brand of cricket.

Expecting Australia to win the championship for the 6th time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I'm rooting for NZ to win it, and therefore I'm today firmly backing England, because, psychologically, NZ are better placed to beat England in the final than Oz.

Go Jofra! :)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

:lol: seeing Shastri and Kholi on the balcony sulking and arguing was brilliant viewing! Rohit is world class but again, seeing him with a face like a smashed ass made me smirk. They have an air of arrogance about them which I absolutely hate. Australia currently 14-2 against a rampant England. They look lethal

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez Carey just wore a proper one.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Wicket looks to be doing a bit early.
As long as Steve Smith is there Australia literally have an equal chance of winning this. He is so cool and calm