[Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Series Thread] World Cup 2019

Post by Googly »

Carey looking solid as well. Identical start tot the two previous innings in the other semi. So much for this being a batsman’s game! If you can bowl over 145 it’s a bowlers game all day!

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Big part of the game here, Maxwell and Smith. If he gets away (GM) he can flatten an innings. C’mon england

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Australia need 240 here to have any sort of hope.

Runs on the board in finals is always worth something, you don't need 300+ to apply pressure. 240 and early wickets can be enough, as NZ showed yesterday.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I see Kohli is now unhappy with the format as well :D

I expect the ICC will someday come up with the perfect formular where India will be seeded through to a best of seven final but will still play Pak, England and Oz in the first round with a chance to eliminate the old foes.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The perfect formula is as follows:

India v Pakistan X 3
India v England X 3
India v Australia X 3

India does not have to be subjected to playing New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, or a qualifier as those countries are minnows and playing them is pointless.

India receive an automatic spot in the final and will play the best of the other teams, except if it is Pakistan who will be disqualified should they reach the final, thus handing victory to India in a walkover.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Happy to see either NZ or England break their 🦆

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:07 pm
I see Kohli is now unhappy with the format as well :D

I expect the ICC will someday come up with the perfect formular where India will be seeded through to a best of seven final but will still play Pak, England and Oz in the first round with a chance to eliminate the old foes.
😂😂😂

I do find it funny how these sides cry after they get knocked out, I bet we won’t see Kane or Eoin crying after Sunday
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Obviously quite dissappointed to see India lose, i thought we simply selected an aged middle order comprising of MSD, Karthik, Jadhav instead of banking on younger guns like Shaw, Gill and Iyer. This was such a golden chance for us to win the WC with Rohit, Virat, Bumrah the best in the world and all of them at their peak and we simply messed it up.

A top order failure somewhere down the line was inevitable and it came at the worst time possible.

My other favt team was South Africa who are out anyways, so yeah will be pleased to see Kiwis win, it will be a massive boost for many smaller nations. You don't need so much money, such a powerful board or a billion population to win the WC. Just some honest and hardworking cricketers would do.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

It's actually quite gut wrenching seeing two Zimbabweans on the field. Granted Curran is not playing, but it still stands. Makes one think what could have been had we had proper administration and players stuck around.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’d be bang average if they’d played their cricket here.