Zimbabwe’s tour of India dates announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mr Twig

Zimbabwe’s tour of India dates announced

Post by Mr Twig »

http://www.bcci.tv/news/2019/press-rele ... or-2019-20

Zimbabwe’s Tour of India - 2020

5th January: 1st T20I, Guwahati
7th January: 2nd T20I, Indore
10th January: 3rd T20I, Pune

Good chance this tour will actually go ahead this time.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe’s tour of India dates announced

Post by Andybligzz »

Some odis would be preferred but I’m sure the quicker we are out of India the happier the Indian board will be .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Despite it being a small t20 series it’s probably the most important bi-lateral series in Zimbabwe’s recent history, if they get hammered it’ll be the last time they’re invited for a while, but if they can win or at least put on a show it could put them
Back on the map
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I'll think of traveling to Pune if everything goes well. Probably my only chance in many years to see the Zimbos in India in flesh and blood.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 am
Despite it being a small t20 series it’s probably the most important bi-lateral series in Zimbabwe’s recent history, if they get hammered it’ll be the last time they’re invited for a while, but if they can win or at least put on a show it could put them
Back on the map
Zimbabwe could win the series 3-0 or lose each game by 200 runs. It wont change the perception of ZIM cricket. Cricket perceptions, like many others arent based on any real logic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I know it's about preparing for the T20 world cup and all, but who planned this tour? Travelling all that way for three T20s is under selling so bad. If you are only going for T20s, at least make it 5, and arrange some matches against some of the domestic sides if needs be. Make the most of playing when we get the opportunity.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:39 am
jaybro wrote:
Back on the map
Zimbabwe could win the series 3-0 or lose each game by 200 runs. It wont change the perception of ZIM cricket. Cricket perceptions, like many others arent based on any real logic.
6 months ago everyone said aus we’re doomed and gloomed and had no hope at this World
Cup. Now they have won 10 in a row and are a
Lot of people’s favourite to win it . 3 years ago Bangladesh were easy beats with not
Much respect in the world
Game, now they are heavily respected. Shit changes ally
The time , I don’t really get this comment by you ? Is it over no one parading the tigers enough for
You ?
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:47 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Back on the map
6 months ago everyone said aus we’re doomed and gloomed and had no hope at this World
Lot of people’s favourite to win it . 3 years ago Bangladesh were easy beats with not
The time , I don’t really get this comment by you ? Is it over no one parading the tigers enough for
You ?
Tigers, SL, PAK...perceptions take a long time to change whether up or down. Once a perception is established it’s very very hard to change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:47 am

You ?
He kind of has a point though. Australia can go through a slump but everyone knows it is not permanent. Some heads will roll and action will be taken. Out of form players dropped and the team will be made to work harder to produce results, and they will, as is evident.

Zim on the other hand will recall players like Elton and make a 35 year old their captain. How many times have we seen stories on Zim Cricket turning a new leaf only to see nothing happen. It is usually a smokescreen that last a few weeks.

There was a time when Bangladesh were the easy beats, even for Zim. We would always beat them, now things have changed. They are in the top 8 sides in the world (where we used to be) and playing some pretty decent cricket.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Back on the map
You will disagree with me no matter what I say, if I said the sky was blue you’d swear it was red 😂😂😂

If you think winning and losing doesn’t change perceptions you’re wrong, winning and losing is everything
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement