Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe squad vs Netherlands

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Interesting to see that Richmond Mutumbami is pictured in that photo outside the dutch embassy. Does this mean that he's included in the squad?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

From the info we have off Zimfan1 and from what I’ve seen I Twitter I reckon I can pick 14 of the squad (you’d think 15 will go)

Hamilton
Mire
BT
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Moor
Regis
Maruma
Mavuta
Tiripano
Jarvis
Chatara
Mpofu

If Burl has in fact been left out it will be interesting who is the 15th player (if I have got the other 14 right).

Do they pick another spinner?

Another seamer?

Surely there’s enough batting there?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I'm telling you now, ZC will be losing Burl very soon if he keeps getting omitted from the national squads. Far too good a player to be left at home. Pathetic, especially given the fact he was asked to train with the squad and return home from the UK

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:01 am
I'm telling you now, ZC will be losing Burl very soon if he keeps getting omitted from the national squads. Far too good a player to be left at home. Pathetic, especially given the fact he was asked to train with the squad and return home from the UK
It’s not really that big an ask though is it?

Like if you’re playing club cricket in England and you get called into a national team training camp you go right?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 am
sloandog wrote:

Like if you’re playing club cricket in England and you get called into a national team training camp you go right?
I agree with you in the sense that national team sport takes precedence over club cricket, but at the same time if you aren't going to play him why ask him to come home? Tari is still in Devon playing his cricket, why not leave Burl to play his? Just stupid. Send for the players you're going to select, not the players you're going to ignore.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:14 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 am
sloandog wrote:

I agree with you in the sense that national team sport takes precedence over club cricket, but at the same time if you aren't going to play him why ask him to come home? Tari is still in Devon playing his cricket, why not leave Burl to play his? Just stupid. Send for the players you're going to select, not the players you're going to ignore.
Mutumbambi and Chigumbura are in the squad apparantly. No players who did not come back from the UK are under consoderation.

Means no Musakanda or Chisoro. However Regis is still in the UK so will be interesting to see if he is selected.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

I fucking hate the board , it’s bad enough being a zim fan. Why can’t they give us some / if any updates on players ect. We are such a joke it’s not even funny .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Does anyone know how Tari is doing over there? I really find that bizarre that he’s not in the mix. There’s more to that story. Guys who go there and don’t at least play prem club I think are wasting their time. I also heard that Milton Shumba is over in the UK yet the U19’s seem to practice and play fairly regularly. I do think that playing some English club cricket is a good thing to do at least once, but these days I don’t think you can unless you’ve played representative cricket. This means really good players are going to play a lower standard. The only reason to do that is just to keep your eye in during the off season and to go walkabout.
We really need A tours, our cricket is being sabotaged. Everyone always talks about Burl but he’s played so little cricket over the last few seasons he must surely by now be a lesser player than he was.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That non qualification has had such far reaching effects. It’s basically cemented the spots of the incumbents. They earn their wage, occasionally practice and play internationals less often than that. It’s like being in semi retirement. As long as the batters get an occasional 20-30 they’re safe. They will be there until old age makes them blind or they get hip transplants.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

If Chigs and Mutumbami are in the squad then it is a joke. The lads playing in Europe are doing well. No one is going to come for a camp if they are not guaranteed to be in the team and then miss out on competitive club games. Absolutely no youngster is going to give up certain game time if they are going to be overlooked for the likes of Chigs.

The guys in Europe are acclimatised and playing well. There is nothing to say they should not be selected. ZC are taking the fans and players for a ride. Still no word from them on this tour.