[Match Thread] Zim v NL: ODI 1

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v NL: ODI 1

Post by Donald »

Invest in K long and play him in all remaining games against dutch and Ireland. Good up and coming player and Solomon 'waller' Mire has had his chances now

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Who is this ndlovu guy? I see he’s played for kwaZula natal u19s. Good the traffic isn’t all one way out of Zimbabwe lol.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

did He look promising?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
How come there was no correction of target due to DLS even though the shortening of the game happened after Zim had played a few overs assuming it would be a 50 over game?
Good question.

I've been trying to calculate it based on Example 1
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... dology.pdf

If I calculated correctly, I get 207, so only one extra run added.
Thanks for sharing that mate, the Netherlands scored 207 anyway, although the officials seem to have missed revising the target.

I was furiously looking for this kind of documentation on DLS when we were knocked out by UAE, to cross verify the revised target set. Never got a good resource. Will read this in detail and try that just to convince myself once again...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

A revised total was not going to help us anyway. Netherlands were well in control from start to finish of that run chase. Another shocking loss by the lads.

Some of these players are past it and need to be moved on. The problem is, some of the reserve options who have travelled are just as bad. Some really good players have been left out.

If this is how we performed against Netherlands, Ireland will destroy us.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

So that went badly.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Very bad performance by Zimbabwe, full strength side.

They need to improve very quickly and come back hard as simple as that. Batting needs to come good. The likes of Raza, Sean, Hamilton need to take responsibility

Mjre needs to go, play K long in his place for whatever it is worth.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

This persistance with Mire is really costing Zim alot. Its time to just drop him from the side.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

The inconsistency of practically all Zim batsmen at every level is bizarre. The person who cracks this problem will get my vote for President. At the lower levels it’s just about playing percentage shots in your scoring areas and not to lose concentration for a single shot regardless of how good you feel, at the upper levels you need a more complete game and to be able to adjust or they’ll just set a field for you. We’ve got one guy that can do that with any sort of consistency and that’s Taylor. One guy! He also succumbs to the Zim disease now and then.

Bertus de Jong

Post by Bertus de Jong »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
How come there was no correction of target due to DLS even though the shortening of the game happened after Zim had played a few overs assuming it would be a 50 over game?
Good question.

I've been trying to calculate it based on Example 1
https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazonaws ... dology.pdf

If I calculated correctly, I get 207, so only one extra run added.
Thanks for sharing that mate, the Netherlands scored 207 anyway, although the officials seem to have missed revising the target.

I was furiously looking for this kind of documentation on DLS when we were knocked out by UAE, to cross verify the revised target set. Never got a good resource. Will read this in detail and try that just to convince myself once again...
The officials didn't miss it, I checked. They ran the DLS and the target was unchanged, which is about right given that ZIM were 1 down early but scoring quickly at the start. The Pro version of DLS is proporietary and hasn't been pirated as far as I know, so unless you bought it you don't have it. Online DL calculators are usually off by a run or two, as will be your result if you work it with pencil and paper out using the publically available Duckworth Lewis (minus Stern) method as above.