Youngsters a must after this tour

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Youngsters a must after this tour

Post by Mueddie28 »

After all this Masakadza should not have been Capt it hard to drop him...Time to consider PJ Moor as an opening batter or a bench player...
New blood is needed
Mumba
Mavuta
Murray
Madhevere
Should be the core of youngsters integred into the squad..
Persuading Ed Byrom and Jared S would help a lot...
It's for Masakadza and Chigs to retire and give youngsters a chance...

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Youngsters a must after this tour

Post by sloandog »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:28 am
After all this Masakadza should not have been Capt it hard to drop him...Time to consider PJ Moor as an opening batter or a bench player...
New blood is needed
Mumba
Mavuta
Murray
Madhevere
Should be the core of youngsters integred into the squad..
Persuading Ed Byrom and Jared S would help a lot...
It's for Masakadza and Chigs to retire and give youngsters a chance...
I agree with you in that younger players need to be intergrated, but it simply will not happen. I mean for god sake, if Ryan Burl is batting at number 8 and players as talented as Tari Musakanda aren't getting a look in, Mumba, Murray and Madhevere have no chance.
Burl scored three half centuries on the trot against a strong Aussie Under 19's side in 2014! The guy is a top order batter, give him a shot :roll:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

And PJ is on the cusp of being an excellent international batter for us, why would he (or should he) be considered a bench player..?
Moor, Murray, Burl, Musakanda, Mavuta, Mumba, Kahmunukanwe and Ndlovu are the future players at based on the ground. If we by some miracle manage to entice perhaps Lake or Welch back we have a core of players at the very least. Of course this is all speculation at the moment as University is very much taking precedence, but still, we can but dream

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

I legit said this as soon as I saw the squad . Old has beens . Hamilton has to go , thank you for your service but for godsakes if we are going to lose to associates at least lose with some excitement and a glimpse of the future. Keep Hamilton for tests and tests only , he’s simply done ( a bit like zim cricket )
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am
And PJ is on the cusp of being an excellent international batter for us, why would he (or should he) be considered a bench player..?
Moor, Murray, Burl, Musakanda, Mavuta, Mumba, Kahmunukanwe and Ndlovu are the future players at based on the ground. If we by some miracle manage to entice perhaps Lake or Welch back we have a core of players at the very least. Of course this is all speculation at the moment as University is very much taking precedence, but still, we can but dream
Slandog have u looked at PJ Moor horrific tour batting wise....he has called to make 10 runs in 3 games

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:40 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am
Slandog have u looked at PJ Moor horrific tour batting wise....he has called to make 10 runs in 3 games
Sloan**dog

And have you seen his form in the past 12 months spud? He’s twice the batter he was 2 years ago. Half centuries in test matches in Bangladesh, and half centuries against the UAE, as well as four straight wins as skipper.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

PJ needs to be in all 3 formats for
Me .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I don’t necessarily think we need to start replacing old heads with youngsters, not the core, but the secondary players like Elton yes, but what I do know is that in the next 12 months or so, after the board issue settles hopefully, there has to be a line in the sand moment where ZC commit to the players who will be part of the 2023 World Cup campaign.

This sounds a weird statement considering that’s 4 years away and the 2019 WC hasn’t finished, but essentially our qualification moment is early 2022, so in essence that is also a World Cup for us of sorts so we need to prepare for that in 2021. And with less cricket than most countries and a development width for experimentation we need to decide in 2020.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:02 pm
PJ needs to be in all 3 formats for
Me .
PJ is a test player. I can’t remember the last time he’s been good for us in a one day match. Can’t be too recent.

Pjs batting style is stand and deliver. He likes to take the challenge of an attacking field, where it’s easy runs if you get it right. He’s good at that high risk and high reward style. I know because he’s like me. He just needs to get it over the infield and he’s sweet. He will take 10 balls and when that juicy 11th ball comes its 4 runs.

It’s a different story in a broken field where placement is key and run rate needs frequent singles.
He also bats in a weird plonky way and not in a loose wrists Williams or Tari style.

They should try him as opener in power plays
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

I know it was only UAE but he was good against them as well as his captaincy . It’s just my opinion but he has fight and grit , something a lot of players lack for Zimbabwe . He’s shown he can be patient and he’s show he can clear the boundary unlike most Zimbabweans , he has blossomed in the test arena like you said . I feel his short format form will be the same , he’s on a good path and he is obviously rated highly by the coach and his team mates. We really need players like him to step up and go to another level . Id love to see us move on from Hamilton ,, Elton , Tiripano , mpofu ect try something different give the squad a spark , so many chances for not much results.