[Match Thread] Zim v NL: T20I 2

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
BugsBunny

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v NL: T20I 2

Post by BugsBunny »

Gonna be a super over !!!!

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

And finally we win the super over. Excellent work team.
Nice to watch Taylor and Chigs back in form.
Zim 18/0, Ned - 9/1 . Nicely bowled by Chatara for the super over

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

13 needed off the last over:

6 6 . W W W

Unbelievable stuff :o

Donald

Post by Donald »

Chigumbura was pretty decent with the bat today in his only tour match. give credit where credit is due. Williams and moor have been poor ( unintentional rhyme there) in all 4 matches apart from Williams 4 wickets but we don't really pick him for that do we

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Yeah was pleasantly surprised with chigs, some clean hitting when required under pressure.

And Taylor when he gets going looks a class above with his scoops and all.

eugene

Post by eugene »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 pm
13 needed off the last over:

6 6 . W W W

Unbelievable stuff :o
Unless you support Zimbabwe.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Wow! A win finally, even if it is in the super over!

Lots of credit goes to Taylor and Chigumbura, and for Chatara for holding his nerves in that over...

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Chigumbura with once in a blue moon knock, will make ZC selectors forget all his failures and hence will be picked for 10 more series.

chappie coventry
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by chappie coventry »

Top game by burl, bowled well and batted well.
He was the one who got things going at the end, and it rubbed off on chigumbura! It's time he gets an extended run in the team in all 3 formats, except not batting at 8 he should be at least batting 6. Burl is the future,but is already 25! so it's the perfect time to have him batting with the likes of Taylor, Ervine Williams and Raza and start gaining experience from these lads. Let's be honest we only have a couple good yrs left with this current batting core.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez ZC have so dropped the ball. There’s literally no one in the wings. I’m hearing good things about young Myers, he’s had a game already in A side and done well. He needs a proper pathway that doesn’t guarantee mediocrity. Two years dicking around playing sub standard stop start franchise will do just that. Plus unless he sees a future here he’ll be off to Uni or wherever after he leaves school, it keeps happening. They keep hoping for a miracle and some guy who’s been playing franchise for a few years will suddenly become Brian Lara, ain’t gonna happen. There’s a couple of good guys overseas that I’ve spoken about as nauseum and a couple of good kids here, we cannot lose these guys, they don’t grow on trees!!
If they want to go to Uni or overseas for a couple of years then ZC should stump up with scholarships and guarantees. They need to sell themselves to sceptical players because there ain’t no one falling over themselves to commit to a failed cricket union and a failed state. It’s time for some genuine PR work and a genuine drive to get an A team up and running. The captive players who can’t go anywhere aren’t going to cut it, we’ve seen that time and again. They HAVE to spend money on these youngsters. Look at the time, money and effort spent to find Muzarabani, that was considered worth it, for a similar input you could get 2-5 genuine prospects. If they tidy up the finances and rehash things there will be some spare cash for this project. With the new ECB policies Muyeye is going to have to wait a long time for opportunities in UK, there’s a deal to be made with him. It sounds stupid to be making a deal with an 18 year old but that’s where we’re at, we need this kid and we need Myers and they’re gettable and trust me they have the goods to possibly do well.