Zimbabwe Tour Of Ireland 2019 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ]

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe Tour Of Ireland 2019 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ]

Post by Stoneman Returns »

01Jul
1st ODI
Bready Cricket Club, Bready, Northern Ireland

04 Jul
2nd ODI
Civil Service Cricket Club, Belfast

07Jul
3rd ODI

10Jul
1st T20I

12Jul
2nd T20I

14Jul
3rd T20I
8:30 PM IST
Last edited by Stoneman Returns on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Stoneman Returns

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Ireland 2019

Post by Stoneman Returns »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/108 ... team-squad

One-Day International squad:

William Porterfield (Captain), Mark Adair, Andrew Balbirnie, Shane Getkate, Tyrone Kane, Andrew McBrine, James McCollum, Tim Murtagh, Kevin O'Brien, Boyd Rankin, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker, Gary Wilson.

T20I squad:

Gary Wilson (Captain), Mark Adair, Andrew Balbirnie, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Shane Getkate, Tyrone Kane, Josh Little, Kevin O'Brien, Boyd Rankin, Paul Stirling, Greg Thompson, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

maehara
Administrator

Re: Zimbabwe Tour Of Ireland 2019 [ 3 Odis & 3 T20s ]

Post by maehara »

I had planned to get to the 4 July game, but real world shite may prevent me. Although given current form, missing the game may not be that much of a dissapointment. Will annoyingly be in England while the rest of the series is being played.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I wonder what the mood is amongst the players following this bombshell? The bulk have been fighting this board for years. Not only that, the latest RBZ rulings are going to make it tricky for players to receive salaries in usd. This ultimately means a huge drop in buying power. The rate has come back a bit because there’s now demand for local currency as usd has effectively been outlawed. It can’t last, businesses need forex to survive. I don’t see how this can end well, people are fed up. I heard there are 280 000 passport applications pending,, people are trying to get the fuck out of Dodge! They can’t print because they apparently don’t have the right passport paper. I know a guy that offered $5k to get his passport for an urgent matter and he couldn’t get one.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Zimco wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:19 pm
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/more ... -1-8980283

Women withdraw from tour
Sounds like the beginning of the end. I’m surprised the men’s tour is going ahead. ICC has apparently suspended funding.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

If the ICC has indeed suspended funding, this could well be the end for ZC.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if they have withdrawn funding then the men’s tour can’t go ahead, but it currently is? I said in the previous post that the women’s tour must surely have been booked and paid for by now, which means it’s ZC playing games. You can’t tel me there’s an ICC rep waiting for them at the airport to buy tickets with a credit card, then another to swipe them into the hotel? I smell a rat here.

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

I remember when my old dog was ill, I took him to the vet and had him put to sleep because it was the kindest thing to do, that's what needs to happen to Zim cricket, put it out of its misery and stop stealing ICC money that other countries desperately want and would use wisely, Zim cricket is nothing but a thief stealing money from ICC and then stealing it again for themselves, it's not a national disgrace it's an international disgrace and needs to be stopped once and for all

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nope we want to play, bud. We need new people driving the bus is all. A smart board can keep the show on the road. What we want is justice, which is not likely. They need to have pissed on someone’s battery within the party, and they have. The gov is divided and these blokes are in the wrong camp. It’s not just about the cricket, but we don’t care.