[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 1

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 1

Post by maehara »

Found that game far less frustrating by playing the "Drink when the commentator talks about Derek Tiripano' drinking game. Was wasted by the end of the match so didn't care about the result... :D

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

maehara wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 am
Found that game far less frustrating by playing the "Drink when the commentator talks about Derek Tiripano' drinking game. Was wasted by the end of the match so didn't care about the result... :D
:lol: I clocked onto that myself, tickled me

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

It’s actually a pretty decent effort from the boys , Ireland are probaly a better team than us now . Was great to see Burl get runs , shows sloandogs expertise ;) he should be tried up the order and honestly Hamilton is done . I watched the first 10 overs and he looked horrible , I really think Burl should be tried in his position . Even if Hamilton moves down to 6-7 and move everyone up one. I don’t mind losing as long as we show something , Taylor looked like he didn’t want to be there at all. Also fantastic knock by Ervine , he’s all class ! Read earlier how much we miss muzarabani and cremer , could not agree more . They make such a difference to our attack which seems toothless at the moment .
Last edited by Andybligzz on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Probably going to get roasted for saying I don’t mind if we lose. I mean the fact that we at least show some grind and see some positives ( Burl )
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I just can’t stop thinking about how this zim team will look in 4 years when Hamilton, Solomon, Craig, Sean, Raza, BT, Elton, Chamu (if not already) Regis, Tino, Mpofu are all retired, almost at once and Jarvis and Chats are either retired or well past their best.
This shit is beyond scary.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm
I just can’t stop thinking about how this zim team will look in 4 years when Hamilton, Solomon, Craig, Sean, Raza, BT, Elton, Chamu (if not already) Regis, Tino, Mpofu are all retired, almost at once and Jarvis and Chats are either retired or well past their best.
This is why we must be pumping valuable games into the burls , Murray , musakanda ect . I know
Musakanda hasn’t really done much , but the talent is there. We are wasting time with the older blokes , don’t get me wrong Ervine , Taylor , Williams , raza , Jarvis all have to play and definitely deserve to be there but Hamilton , mpofu , Elton ect have to be moved on . Probaly get told I’m a racist for saying keep the white players and chop the blacks but it’s a fact that without Taylor Ervine raza and Jarvis we would be A grade fucked. We have to find replacements now

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Let a few youngsters come in , play with the greats of the team , build their confidence , learn from Taylor with the bat , Jarvis and chats with the ball and let them gel. Once the older generation gets older and can’t do what they once did hand the Batton over , they might not be as good and probaly never will but at least they will know what is expected to succeed . You can only try .

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I've said it many times at this point there's only really 6-7 guys good enough for ODI cricket left in Zimbabwe, I reckon you need 20 at least and Zimbabwe only has 6 or 7 !!!!

The middle order is ok although it's frustrating they rarely have 2 or 3 guys all score in the same innings, but at least there's usually one guy who stands up, the opening positions are still an issue, but always have been for Zimbabwe tbf. It's the bowling that is really weak, Chatara is the undisputed best bowler in the side, but you wouldn't even really call him a strike bowler, Jarvis is hot and cold in ODIs whilst as I've said before Tiripano just isn't good enough.

Going into the qualifiers Zimbabwe actually looked to have a really good bowling lineup with KJ, Chatara, Vitori & Blessing doing the seam bowling whilst Cremer & Chisoro for spin, a bit over 12 months on it's just KJ & Chatara left, I really don't know why Rajpot doesn't like Chisoro?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:38 pm
Taylor looked like he didn’t want to be there at all.
It could have a lot to do with what he has been through recently with his wife and the way things in the country are going with the new zim dollar. He is probably already thinking about moving back to England.

As for the team, been saying for a while now, I think Moor should open. Also think that the coach is not good enough, nor the rest of the coaching staff. We actually saw some difference under Watmore and Streak, but this lot just seem to be going through the motions.

We need to blooding the youngsters, enough of, "but so and so has done so much and he is a legend". If he is not performing, he needs to go. He can still be a leader and help the youngsters without having to play. If he does not want to take on a mentor role, then he clearly does not care for the team.

Our leaders need to be the guys with cricket brains. Moor has one. Raza has one. Ervine and Taylor have one. Murray has one. These guys are being stifled and it shows.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm
Yeah, our team is basically the same as it was 10 years ago.
Then it was too young and inexperienced. Now it's too old and past it.
At least in the intervening years we had a few moments when it all clicked. Tests vs BD and Pakistan, a few ODI upsets like Australia and NZ.

Hard to see those days returning. Does anyone really think in a few years time K-Long and Murray are going to blast us to a one-off victory against Australia? We'll still be putting all of our hopes in a 38-yo Taylor to dial back the clock and get us over the line.

How unbelievably bad is the bowling going to get too, there's nothing coming through the ranks. We'll be looking back fondly on the Mpofu years of 1/65 from 10 overs. The batsmen can probably play to 40+ but the seam bowlers can't.

Depressing.