[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 2

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
_rchin
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 2

Post by _rchin »

Many other areas where you guys could’ve come through yesterday but if I were to point out just 1 moment that made a difference , Taylor’s drop off Tucker in the final over cost 2 runs for the drop and another boundary the very next ball. 6 runs that were unlikely to come if he’d been caught and Rankin walked in.

Can’t pin the blame on that as a whole but 6/5 runs there ended up making a difference

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Next match I want to see Burl and Moor up the order, whilst I want to see Mire down the order and bowling again. Mire just looks like a shot duck opening now, at least before he was aggressive and if he got out he got out having a go, yesterday he didn't even attempt one aggressive shot before he nicked off.

From this series on we have to see some fresh faces plain and simple, but for now with the current guys in the squad and available here's what I'd like to see

Hamilton (Only because TK is injured & I don't want to see Mutumbami again)
Moor (Time to see if he's got what it takes)
Burl ( See above)
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Mire (I want to see him bowl again)
Jarvis
Mpofu
Chatara

The series is over so it doesn't really matter if they win or lose, and really Moor & Burl can't do any worse than what Hamilton & Mire have done up top. I don't I'd permanently move Ervine and Taylor down to 4 & 5 but in this case I'd rather see Burl have a proper innings and the experienced guys can come in if he fails. I've said my piece about Mire, IMO he'd be better used down at 7 or 8 as a 3rd or 4th seam option and lower order finisher.

Going forward I can't see any reason why we can't see the following guys replace these older fellas

Hamilton - Moor

Mutumbami/ Regis - Murray

Chigumbura - Musakanda

Tiripano - Mashinge

Mpofu - Mumba

They also need to get Chisoro back into the squad, I can't see why of all the old shit players Rajput keeps around he's decided Chisoro is the one guy he has flicked??? Ndolvu doesn't look like he's going to be any good, Wellington was given chances hasn't impressed & Mavuta looks a bit raw still (although I'd rather him than the other two).

I don't think I've ever felt so low about the side, they've had some embarrassing defeats, but losing 4 ODIs in a row to Netherlands & Ireland is just plain pathetic.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good observations. Yep this might be a new low for us. We’re on the cusp of oblivion, not just in cricket.
We desperately need some sort of feedback from ICC or SRC or this new board, but as usual there’s a deafening silence.

Googly

Post by Googly »

BT looks like he’s not fully committed and that’s a huge problem for us. The nucleus of our batting is BT, Ervine and Williams, there’s those three and then an abyss to the next tier.
Maybe committed is the wrong word, maybe not motivated. Hard to blame him and the others, there’s so much uncertainty and hard times here and if you keep losing to drag yourself out of the slump is not easy.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Anguish of a domestic cricketer by Stephen nyamunzinga ex first class cricketer is now published as an article. Very interesting read and reveals the disparity between domestic cricketers and nationally contracted ones. He doesnt hold back on the administration of the game either

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

Musakanda
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza (c)
Burl
Murray (wk)
Mavuta
Jarvis
Mashinge
Chatara

Would be exciting to watch. :)

kudet

Post by kudet »

Donald wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:11 am
Anguish of a domestic cricketer by Stephen nyamunzinga ex first class cricketer is now published as an article. Very interesting read and reveals the disparity between domestic cricketers and nationally contracted ones. He doesnt hold back on the administration of the game either
could u please post the link to the article. thanks in advance

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

totoro wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:46 am
Musakanda
Taylor
Ervine
Williams
Raza (c)
Burl
Murray (wk)
Mavuta
Jarvis
Mashinge
Chatara

Would be exciting to watch. :)
That’s pretty much what I had in mind

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

_rchin wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:43 am
Many other areas where you guys could’ve come through yesterday but if I were to point out just 1 moment that made a difference , Taylor’s drop off Tucker in the final over cost 2 runs for the drop and another boundary the very next ball. 6 runs that were unlikely to come if he’d been caught and Rankin walked in.

Can’t pin the blame on that as a whole but 6/5 runs there ended up making a difference
I actually thought of that too, but you’re right there’s so many other areas they let themselves down

Team selection - Mutumbami non keeping batting 8 🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬

Batting order

New ball bowling - If Murtagh was so unplayable why weren’t Jarvis & Chatara doing better??

Raza throwing away his wicket

Burl & Tiripano fluffing the ending - I haven’t watched the entire innings yet but I saw on Twitter that we needed 15 off the last two overs with both Tiripano & Burl set, how the fuck didnthey stuff that up !!!!