[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Post by Googly »

The housing is not that cheap. Plus not much in the way of sales because it’s closely monitored and people want hard currency.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

True it’s in hard currency. I am comparing to prices in the Uk and Australia though which would be about 800000usd for houses that big (1 acre) in equivalent areas. Then again Zimbabwe has no public services compared to any other country.

An acre block in Borrowdale is what 300000 usd?

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Shows how American land is good value for money on average as their is so much of it. Yeah no one really wants to sell in zim unless they are leaving the country( liquidating) as the market is so low for obvious reasons.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:11 pm
Yeah it’s run by the Jesuits, I think there’s about 4 or 5. It’s a magnificent school, the grounds are something else and that first team field is practically the best deck in the country.
Georges?

Land in Zim is bound to be cheaper because the economy is not inviting. No one will 'invest' in property in Zim when the economy tanks so often. Land in 1st world countries sought after. One of the reasons land is expensive here in Aus is because of, particularly Asians, coming here to Australia and being desperate for houses so the offer over the top prices. many come here as students, invest in property and then keep it because the prices will always go up. There will always be a need for housing and the fact that so many can't afford to buy a house and have to resort to renting, the ability to make money off an investment property is appealing to those in other countries. They earn in AUD and can transfer the money across back to China, Japan, South Korea etc because their countries accept the foreign currency and investment back. China encourages investment in Australia and provides grants to people who want to go overseas to start businesses and so on. When you have government backing, you have money to invest in land and property in other countries

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Interesting zimbos. Although I would not say it is certain the price will always go up. The price could have well topped out in Sydney for a while. And Perth prices are cyclical. Good old supply and demand. Yeah I agree, Cities in Australia have a global demand.