[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Post by Googly »

Who’s that claiming that’s catch? :lol:
That’s a new low.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hammy turning his arm over. Dibbly dobbly accurate bowling works on these decks.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Has Burl got a google? Haven’t seen him bowl one yet. I wonder how fast he bowls? Either it’s a bit slow or he gets dip, but he’s not bad. Hammy needs to take himself off after this unless he gets a wicket, maybe one more over.
Irish commentators feeling sorry for us, that’s a bad sign.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I don't feel sorry for Zimbabwe at all, we have reaped what we have sown. I guess the players who are out there trying their best with little support from ZC deserve some sympathy. I really do wonder why Taylor and Jarvis came back to endure loss after loss, surely country cricket is more fun?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Anyone even remotely surprised. It was too easy for Ireland. No real excitement when Zim are playing now. Guys look like they don't want to be there and instead are playing with fear the whole time. Too afraid to go out there and want to win, it is more about just hoping they don't lose.

Only Ervine can hold his head up high from this whole tour. Williams played a good innings today but wasn't good enough for a guy of calibre to be coming good in a dead rubber. Tbf, I would give Jarvis and Chatara a pass too. They were fairly economical but just unable to get the breakthroughs. Shows that the other teams saw the threat in them and did well to nullify it. Had a proper game plan. Jarvis did step up with the bat a few times too, doing more than the actual batsmen.

Looking at our bowling card too makes no sense. Why are the key bowlers not being bowled out? Why did we use so many bowlers. Is there no game plan. Hammy is totally clueless and needs to go. He has no godlike reputation for me. I thank him for his service and all he has done, but the longer he sticks around, the more harm he is doing to the team and to me that is the worst you can do. Affect the team for your personal gain. I was meant to post about his cluelessness in the last match, but forgot.

When Turner came in we wanted to apply pressure on him. So Hammy went in to the slip. Smart move. Hammy was there for two maybe three balls of that over. Then next over came and Hammy took himself out. Turner edges to first slip very first ball. If you are going to apply the pressure, do it properly. Do not give it two balls. You have to give it more than that. Applying pressure means doing just that. Taking the slip out after two balls just gives the batsman that reassurance and any pressure fades away. It's a chop and change no game plan strategy and no real thought process.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I’m usually quite optimistic about Zim cricket but this Euro tour has really taken the air out of me, my end of tour ratings will not be kind.

I guess the tone was set when the selection policy was ‘who ever turns up for camp gets in’

My only hope now is that the ICC accept DEB and his board of well respected men (and woman) and the game can start to rise from the Ashes 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 pm
I don't feel sorry for Zimbabwe at all, we have reaped what we have sown. I guess the players who are out there trying their best with little support from ZC deserve some sympathy. I really do wonder why Taylor and Jarvis came back to endure loss after loss, surely country cricket is more fun?
I was thinking that today as well, both guys have said that their partners wanted to stay in Zimbabwe, hard to understand when the country is in dire straits, but I guess some people like to stay close to their families
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 am
eugene wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:10 pm
I was thinking that today as well, both guys have said that their partners wanted to stay in Zimbabwe, hard to understand when the country is in dire straits, but I guess some people like to stay close to their families
Lifestyle. When you have kids and you have to do all the house chores and everything else, you crave that lifestyle. I know this because I have experienced it first hand with people who left Australia because they could not hack having to make their own bed, cook the food, clean the house etc and look after their kids.

Despite how bad things are in Zim, if you are doing well financially, you can live very comfortably in your own little bubble. The white guys in Zim do a good job of ensuring their lives are good. They have invested their money and have good incomes. One only needs to look at Borrowdale and the surrounds. They keep their schools in good shape (St Georges, Hellenic, Chisipite, to name a few) and they make sure that everything else is also looked after. They have revamped Sam Levys and the surrounds that they frequent.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

I don’t think many white people go to St George’s any more. One other thing, housing in Zimbabwe is ridiculously cheap for all the land it comes with.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah it’s run by the Jesuits, I think there’s about 4 or 5. It’s a magnificent school, the grounds are something else and that first team field is practically the best deck in the country.