[Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Zim v IRL: ODI 3

Post by Googly »

There is nobody behind the bowler and Raza trying to work a ball square when he hasn’t got his eye in on a sticky deck? I don’t know man, I just don’t know.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

They have this failure mentality ingrained. Hard to describe.
They can never just beat down a bowling attack and be 1/120 like we are seeing in. It’s WC innings.
These guys would be 3/50 whether they are playing Australia, Afghanistan or the Netherlands.

Maybe just
The result of a people who get beat down from every angle. Like a slave mentality almost.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The other question is does this lachlan Rajput dude have to fear for his job atm?

Zim coaching role is notorious for being a turnstile.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Williams is the only guy with a game plan so far, he will only defend a good length ball, waits for something else. I’m not an agent but this guy would make serious runs in county playing like this. He’s not enjoying the ball coming into him though.

Look At Solly swing!! I might have to stop defending Solly if he does that. Does he know whats at stake here?

Googly

Post by Googly »

About the coaching-
Firstly at this level it’s more mental than actual technical stuff, you should be complete, know your weaknesses and work on them. Batting coach maybe point them out and then you do the time to correct the glitch, much like ironing out a snag in your golf swing, you can wake up with a problem that wasn’t there the day before.
When there’s guys up your arse for your spot then there’s big incentive. Most of these guys are incumbents and I don’t think a couple of them like being told too much, despite our results. You seem them making the same mistakes all the time. I’ve seen about 20 runs go abegging straight past the bowler, that’s a bread and butter shot for any front line batter and no one seems to have it in his bag, it’s weird.
Watching Solly stand there and open his face hoping to get bat on ball is depressing.
Last edited by Googly on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:20 am
The other question is does this lachlan Rajput dude have to fear for his job atm?

Zim coaching role is notorious for being a turnstile.
History of Zimbabwe Cricket Says, they blame coaches more then their shit performing players, who are picked based on qoutas and political grounds, at endless numberb of times same thing happen with Whatmore, Streak and will happen with Rajput

This shit quality players can't perform even if they appoint a Buchannan, Miky Arthur or a Trevor Beliss. Irish team is putting more money on Tucker, Getkate, Adair, Little then on their seniors like K Obrien, Simi Singh etc
Last edited by Stoneman Returns on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Googly

Post by Googly »

Solly trying to drive a ball that a bang average club cricketer wouldn’t have a go at. It’s not a drive pitch ffs.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Stoned Man, were you a parrot in a previous life? Give it a rest man.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Have to hand it to you Googly. Watching the game and sticking through the shit show.

Time for certain players to go. I've spoken about the coaching for some time and the level of professionalism required to play in a National team that i don't believe exists in Zim. A lot of these lads would not survive one training session with a club side over here in Aus. Why do you think Mire was not kept by the Renegades or picked up by anyone else, and then packed his bags and moved back to Zim. Playing club cricket here would have been better for him, but I doubt there were too many offers.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This has been a top quality knock from Williams. He has been the rescuer a few times before in his career, but has been known to throw it away if the runs are not easy to come by. This is a brilliant restrained knock. At least something to appreciate in all the bottomless abyss we are falling into.