[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs Ireland - 3rd T20I -- EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs Ireland - 3rd T20I -- EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!!

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This has been an absolute shocker of a tour, but I encourage everyone to get involved in this match thread.

With all of the board happenings and the ICC likely to hand down a ruling which we won't like, who knows if or when we'll play again? Or more to the point, if we'll ever see this group of players taking the field again.

So tomorrow night when the game starts, let's all get on the forum and celebrate this playing group and have an exciting match thread to rival the old days. Maybe we'll even pick up a consolation win.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs Ireland - 3rd T20I -- EVERYBODY READ THIS!!!!

Post by jaybro »

I understand your sentiment, but I stayed up until 1:00am to watch last nights game, not sure I’d do that to myself on a Sunday considering the effort they put in, the bowling was park stuff
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Yeah, but we've invested so much time and effort into supporting this team.
We may as well grit our teeth one last time.

The WC final will be on the other channel anyway which I'm sure most of us will have one eye on anyway.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 am
Or more to the point, if we'll ever see this group of players taking the field again.
Yeah I really think this 3rd ODI is quite possibly the end of the road for the stalwarts of 2004 (Taylor, Masakadza, et al). The guys are all well into their 30s, and are either way past their prime (Masakadza) or seem resigned to defeat (Taylor, Jarvis). I think Cremer realized after the WCQ that as good as they were, they would always struggle to crack into a 10 team world cup and decided to leave with some semblence of achievement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I understand your passion and point, but I am really not staying up till 5/6 am to watch such dross. Literally no fire in their bellies.

Only Ervine can say he has had a good tour.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I will see what I can do, will be trying to stay up.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I’m hopeful this isn’t the end, and the new interim board can turn the ship around, probably too optimistic but anyways
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:10 am
With all of the board happenings and the ICC likely to hand down a ruling which we won't like, who knows if or when we'll play again? Or more to the point, if we'll ever see this group of players taking the field again.

So tomorrow night when the game starts, let's all get on the forum and celebrate this playing group and have an exciting match thread to rival the old days. Maybe we'll even pick up a consolation win.
I'll be around for tomorrow's match, hopefully.

BCCI is virtually run by the Supreme Court of India for a couple of years now and ICC has no say there. SLC and PCB have had regular government interventions too. If they act on ZC alone, it would be hypocrisy. But then again, it gives ICC a reason to act against ZC, why would they lose the opportunity?

But brmt admin, you are making it sound like even ZCF would wind up after this match thread. Hope that's not the case...

EDIT: I suddenly remember a match report by ZC after Sean Williams played a match winning knock (don't remember which one, a few years ago) after which he had announced one of his many exiles from ZC. The report had ended saying "... Enter Sean Williams."

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I didn't mean to give that impression, I just meant who knows if or when we'll see this group (the Taylor/Masakadza/Ervine/Raza/Williams/Jarvis/Mpofu core) play again. So given there's a game tomorrow and we'll have access to a live stream, let's make the most of it.

Presumably our future showdowns against Nigeria A, Malawi and the Zanzibar Board XI won't be telecast so even if Taylor and co stick around we won't be able to watch it :lol: :lol: :lol: