[ Poll ] What happens next?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

What happens next? (TM - Tavengwa Mukuhlani / DEB - Dave Ellman-Brown)

Cricket LIVES: TM board restored, ICC restore funding and the players stay
6%
Cricket LIVES: DEB board stays, ICC restore funding and the players stay
11%
Cricket LIVES: A new board is elected and the situation returns to normalcy
22%
Cricket DIES: TM board restored, no more funding and players leave
11%
Cricket DIES: DEB board stays, no more funding and players leave
28%
Cricket DIES: A new board is elected and the situation deteriorates
22%

Total votes: 18

Googly

Re: [ Poll ] What happens next?

Post by Googly »

Boundary- Bulawayo tried doing some club cricket stuff independently and ZC attempted to shut it down.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 am
Boundary- Bulawayo tried doing some club cricket stuff independently and ZC attempted to shut it down.
Exactly the type of thing to fix. But don't throw the baby with the bath water. I want DEB to get/retain good people and flash out bad ones.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

I would like to reply to this post but I am not allowed to because I have not post 10 posts - so this is another

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:08 am
You'd think they'd jump at the chance for that money to be redirected to umm... other initiatives.

ricky

Post by ricky »

i think very soon Zimbabwe cricket will be a gone case. ICC neither has any interest anymore left in Zim cricket after years of corruption. also news is that Scotland will replace Zimbabwe in world cricket league of 13 countries. when ever zim will be back , its likely now to be back as a associate nation. They need now again to fight for test status and ODI status by playing with associate nations.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ricky wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:15 am
i think very soon Zimbabwe cricket will be a gone case. ICC neither has any interest anymore left in Zim cricket after years of corruption. also news is that Scotland will replace Zimbabwe in world cricket league of 13 countries. when ever zim will be back , its likely now to be back as a associate nation. They need now again to fight for test status and ODI status by playing with associate nations.
This is another point people are forgetting. The ODI league is an ICC event. Meaning that we will be replaced if we dont sort this out and never recover. There is no time here. Players are old too. They cant take chances. We need an urgent solution and sticking the middle finger to the ICC isnt 1 of them.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

After seeing the SRC fight Chiyangwa a few years ago and losing which then led to them forcing him out in an election, I predict that the SRC will dig in and We will be threatened with expulsion in October and miss the t20 world cup. Only faced with us getting booted will Mlotshwa and Mukhuhlani be forced to meet through real GVT intervention.

Then an interim board headed by Mukuhlani but with a few fresh faces will be put in place with elections held again next year. Some players (my guess being Raza BT and maybe Williams.) will call it quits because they would have said too much. This will then lead to a couple of youngsters being lured back using the cleared wage bill next year as we rebuild.

Mukuhlani and co will then be ambushed at the election next year and booted out just like they did to Manase.(Remember Mukuhlani only announced he was running on election day in 2015. This is the kind of ambush we need)

Googly

Post by Googly »

That was a different SRC Taps. These guys are the real deal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This constitution needs to be torn up, that’s the first thing. Provincial boards should not have equal weighting. It should be based on how many players are in that province. Players must vote for their boards. I’d like to see an independent accounts firm permanently oversee the finances, not wait for an annual audit.