[ Poll ] What happens next?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

What happens next? (TM - Tavengwa Mukuhlani / DEB - Dave Ellman-Brown)

Cricket LIVES: TM board restored, ICC restore funding and the players stay
6%
Cricket LIVES: DEB board stays, ICC restore funding and the players stay
11%
Cricket LIVES: A new board is elected and the situation returns to normalcy
22%
Cricket DIES: TM board restored, no more funding and players leave
11%
Cricket DIES: DEB board stays, no more funding and players leave
28%
Cricket DIES: A new board is elected and the situation deteriorates
22%

Total votes: 18

Googly

Re: [ Poll ] What happens next?

Post by Googly »

It will be immaculate because it will be looked after by 3 Hsc staff and not 30 ZC groundstaff.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Given the stage in their careers/lives that the core players are in (Taylor, Williams, Ervine, Raza, Jarvis) even a 6 month suspension means they will have to find employment elsewhere. Looks like that generation of ZIM players will surely sign off.

Just saw that Mire has retired. Hamilton might well be thinking the same.

The end looks imminent now. If the Musakandas, Burls, and Kamunhukamwes form the new core, Zimbabwe will fall another notch down the ladder at least while they develop their games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:27 pm
Hamilton might well be thinking the same.
If anything he is thinking this is his chance to be captain for another 3 years. The man is stealing a living. He is part of the problem.

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:29 am
Apparently this is what HSC looks like nowImage
Looks like an absolute road, win the toss and bat first! :D

Googly

Post by Googly »

It looks like the launch site for Apollo 13

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t have green fingers, but even I can grow a lawn :lol:
They’re letting it get like that deliberately just to show they’ve got no money. Makoni can sell the spare wheel on his landcruiser and we can add s bit of water.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 am
They’re letting it get like that deliberately just to show they’ve got no money. Makoni can sell the spare wheel on his landcruiser and we can add s bit of water.
Exactly. Where are all these people that supposedly "care about cricket", and why aren't they helping to keep HSC looking good?

That's directed at both the old board and the interim board too. Someone needs to show some leadership.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:34 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:17 am
Exactly. Where are all these people that supposedly "care about cricket", and why aren't they helping to keep HSC looking good?

That's directed at both the old board and the interim board too. Someone needs to show some leadership.
Couldn't agree more. At least the new board should do whatever is in their capacity, just dismissing the old ones and getting the country suspended ain't enough.

I grew up as a kid watching Zimbabwe provide the upsets and being the most facinating underdogs to watch during the 90s, there wasnt a fantasy team in which I didn't have Grant and Andy Flower in my team... Andy Blignaut one gave me tons of points that saw me winning a fantasy game... It is because of all these fond memories I want Zimbabwe to do well, and I don't want cricket there to die. Sad but let's see what happens, hoping against hope that things improve.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 am
Boundary- read the twitter and newsfeeds bud.
There’s no intention to rebuild anything. They now perceive there to be a time limit and the intent is to keep the population as calm as possible for as long as possible and to take everything that there is to take. When they can’t be bothered to organize electricity so society can function does that not tell you all you need to know? When the Minister of Energy flaunts a 300k Rolls Royce surely you see that we’re in the last chapter? Nobody can point a finger at anybody because they are all in on it. There is nobody fixing this mess. There are no mega deals, but the Chinese are coming like a hurricane.
If it doesn’t rain this year we’re going to see even worse problems.
Twitter is full of rabid anger on any given topic - be it Brexit, Trump, or kpop - with extremely short attention spans. What I do is look at the decisions of decision-makers. Mnangagwa appoints Kirsty Coventry, an eminently qualified person by any standard. She then appoints a new SRC board and steps back. That board comes down on the corrupt ZC board and appoints a new one.The new ZC board must then fix cricket. If everyone acts within their powers and has the right intentions, eventually the system rights itself. Look, it has taken almost a year since Kirsty's appointment to reach this stage.
[Incidentally, it's the same argument across the board, from the Minister of Energy to Minister of Finance - give them time for their decisions to play out. The refusal to do so is rife on Twitter, I wonder why?]

Cricket should fund itself. Get fewer but good people. Set up accountability systems. Prioritise players, coaches and staff directly linked to playing cricket (like ground staff and umpires and school teachers). If you put up a game, sell alcohol and food. If you set up a league, package it on Facebook/YouTube or tv and sell adverts. Why does everyone look to politicians for answers?

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

What happens if we never come back ? What happens to this forum? Shall we make a Namibia cricket forum? Seems they have more of a future than us :D
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!