Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It's a good point, and you have to hope DEB and friends have a better plan than they've shown so far. Which includes something concrete.

I think Kirsty Coventry hasn't been particularly helpful either. In one of her tweets she literally said there's been no government interference because the SRC is a public body. But the ICC constitution says in black and white that interference from "public bodies" is prohibited. It shows that she's obviously not on top of the situation whatsoever. All that proves is there's no way that she personally interfered :lol:

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Her involvement alone is government interference.

A better plan is arguing to the ICC that corruption is against Zim law and their removal is a federal matter of the law of the land. Or, be creative and organise some new elections.
Be clever here. Get hands dirty.

But above all else let’s at least diagnose the issue with specifics.

Can’t just plead the case to the ICC with ‘they are corrupt Cuz’ and when ICC ask how ‘because they shady bro’ and ‘fuck ZC’ just won’t cut it.
We can’t also use the loan example really, because Mukhulani will simply retort with ‘wtf you looking at me on that loan thing? That was Chingoka and Bvute, not me, I’m trying to do the best I can under the circumstance’.

Is that where the argument ends?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s evidence linking all the chairmen and that they play musical chairs. The rewritten constitution that has kept them in power is pivotal. How they achieved this is documented in this forum somewhere, if I recall. The fact that they’ve engineered all these provincial boards with their cronies in positions to keep them in power.
This legacy debt is the key. By law now you pay all debt in bond notes. This current board could have gone to the ICC and said- loan us 2 million which we will swap out at 10:1 and we kill all legacy debt, then you don’t have to keep lending us many millions more than that to continue this charade. That alone proves they are in bed together. Right there you have proof that this is all a scam.
We need to see the accounts to get more specifics on the day to day stuff where many more millions have gone astray.
If this current board wants to prove their innocence why have they not complied with the SRC directive to provide them with the accounts going back to 2013 so they can investigate and theoretically prove that the previous guys had taken money? They’re protecting their friends as a thank you for their turn at the trough.
There’s not a coach going back 15 years that hasn’t got damning information on monies missing, racist selections, etc etc.
you’ve asked a question that would take weeks to compile the answers. If they focus on the loan it’s enough, the rest is the icing to get rid of every other blood sucking tick in middle management and not have to pay them a cent when they get booted.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

If they destroyed evidence then that is also an offence. Mukluhani may not involved in this loan debacle, but if there has been a scandal I would like the previous lot to be dealt with. Does ZC qualify as a corporation under zim law? A conflict of interest and a failure to act in the best interests of the corporation (excessive loan) are serious offences under Australian and UK corporation law.

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 am
It's a good point, and you have to hope DEB and friends have a better plan than they've shown so far. Which includes something concrete.

I think Kirsty Coventry hasn't been particularly helpful either. In one of her tweets she literally said there's been no government interference because the SRC is a public body. But the ICC constitution says in black and white that interference from "public bodies" is prohibited. It shows that she's obviously not on top of the situation whatsoever. All that proves is there's no way that she personally interfered :lol:
I'm with Kirsty on this one. She appointed the SRC board and that's the extent of gvt intervention. The SRC is indeed a public body but Kirsty can't, especially at this instance, be seen to be batting for SRC. From the other thread it seems SRC is fighting their own corner alright. If Kirsty argues SRC's case too much, then the ICC (and everyone else) won't see the dividing line between the minister and the sports body and that'll undermine her case.

robbocricket

Post by robbocricket »

I would like to reply to this post but I am not allowed to because I have not posted 10 posts - so this is another

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Stage is yours. What you want to say?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

You got what you deserve!!!

Post by encore »

Precisely what did you guys think would happen???

This was such a gross and embarassing miscalculation from both fans, as well as the new regime within the Sports Ministry and misguided SRC.

Never in a million years did I think this forum ... THIS FORUM ... would be so ignorant and overlook such an elementary fact that government interference would be "fatal"!

I feel for the players, but anti-ZC crusaders deserve this ejection.

With a severely overpaid pair of Brendan taylor and Kyle Jarvis, you can't even beat UAE to qualify for the CWC, then get humiliated by Netherlands and Ireland in conditions where you claim you would have competed better than Afghanistan.

A limping Ryan ten Doeschate - so called minnow-basher - would have worth far more than Taylor and Jarvis combined!

Indeed! What an apt title and thread! "Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?" Absolutely sums up the long-standing denials and misinformation of the forum.

Hogg and Ellman-Brown are no Malcom Speed! Even he couldn't come right. In all the years of ZCU/ZC existence no one from the ICC and it's auditors, or ZCu/ZC auditors has ever been able to prove anything tangible! Even the imported Pakistani - a seasoned ICC administrator - came to confirm that fact. In fact, the Pakistani may very well have been the one who finished off C with his mindless decision-making, and financial distasters!
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/icc-axes-s ... dsb6b.html
ICC axes Speed over stance on Zimbabwe

The ICC's president-elect, David Morgan, confirmed the move to stand down Speed in a statement on Friday.

"This … is the result of a fundamental breakdown in the relationship between the CEO and a number of board members, including the president, over a variety of issues that include Zimbabwe," Morgan said.
Voice of reason.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I doubt people actually have this evidence now. I fear it might have been all talk. The complicated part is that you have to look at them from 2015 onwards. You cant nail them for a previous board's theft. If people had this evidence they would have been arrested a long time ago.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s simply not true. People know exactly what’s happened. I’ve seen stuff first hand but I didn’t start photographing and taking affidavits, I just watched and shook my head. I have seen countless things.
It’s now not provable unless I remember the specific day and get to see their books of entry on that day. which isn’t going to happen is it? I’m also not stepping forward, I know how it works here. The white man is a third class citizen, tolerated if you tow the line. We’ve learnt to keep quiet, the louder you shout, the more people turn against you.

Same as our government, we all know what they’re up to and who’s under arrest?
Much of the bleed has come from over invoicing and kickbacks. That’s a long process to prove that and you need an organized team and some co-operation from somebody. There’s a deep sickness in zimbabwe where people not only find that acceptable but think it’s their right to do that. If someone is not availing themselves of that opportunity they’re looked at like they’re mad. People are understandably unwilling to come forward. Who’s paying for that also?
Criminal proceedings take years in our courts and the outcome is.... well we know how it works here.

You sound like you support these guys?
SRC have done the right thing, if everyone is now panicking and having doubts because they want to play cricket tomorrow instead of having something that is still working well in 10 years time they should just hand it back, sat fuck you, you deserve each other and don’t bother us again, and let us die a natural death over the next 2-3 years.
At that point everyone will start wailing and falling on the ground and saying why didn’t you stop this? You must have been paid off. You’re inept. You should have had the courage not to listen to us.
What’s also panicking people is that they see the potential addition of some white folk in the system, that means the exit of some black guys, and no-one seems to want that.
People here don’t want to take orders from the white guys, that’s what it boils down to, it’s a great pity because the good ones know how to run things very well. They have proven track records, it’s not heresay.

Taps- do you think this current ZC is doing a good job and do you think they should be given a chance to prove themselves over the next 4 years? I’d really like to know.