Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

With all this drama at the moment, I think it’s actually very important we explain what exactly is the problem with the ZC board.

I will guarantee that many casual and passionate fans will have stopped more than once to ponder what exactly have ZC down so bad to warrant a coup, that has led to where we are now.

I want this thread to be both an information mine and time capsule on all that is wrong with the ZC board/s of the last ten years.

Hopefully it will be a wiki of some sort.

Too many times people refer to shadiness in a vague way that doesn’t make sense to onlookers. These same onlookers might even be sympathetic to ZC when they say the money has dried up and the economy can’t properly support cricket.

I personally am not one of those people and know these people are more bent than a bag full of snakes, but for the greater good, if you have stories to share of corruption. Leave them below.

Stage is yours!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Concrete evidence of corruption and theft?

Post by Zimco »

Obviously the excessive interest loans are opportunistic and very suspect. ZC should have never needed loans in the first place and I think they were just a way to charge excessive interest from banks they had stakes in. Huge conflicts of interest. Any banking shares should have to be sold before joining an organisation like Zimbabwe cricket.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

This is not concrete evidence though
Last edited by Zimco on Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Particularly Metbank I read a long time ago about a loan from them
Attachments
23E7D87A-E227-4C87-ABC7-0740A0EC642E.jpeg
23E7D87A-E227-4C87-ABC7-0740A0EC642E.jpeg (134.19 KiB) Viewed 2520 times

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Here we go what I read a long time ago. A good cricinfo article about the conflict of interest .
http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 24593.html

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s enough provable accusations against ZC and many of the managers to fill a book, but this is the heart of the issue. This is the big one. Do they have the balls to wade into this one is the big question. SRC’s original statement was that they wanted to investigate only after this transpired and one has to wonder why.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

Icc should have never allowed loans of 20 per cent. They should have better controls on what their money is spent on and should have voided these transactions straight away. They are just as much at fault for this.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It definitely seems like the exorbitant loan from Metbank to ZC is the crown jewel of ZC corruption.

Two things that strike me about it.

1/ I have a strong memory from about 4 or 5 years ago that the ICC public ally questioned why ZC got such a bank loan when they were willing to loan ZC extra funds at interest free rates! Something that Chingoka and friends declines to comment on at the time.

2/ if these guys had ZC at heart, they would have loaned the organisation money at a discount due to their power and connections at Metbank. At least market rate, from what I understand they didn’t loan to themselves at market rate, or did they?

3/ devils advocate. The people associated with Metbank aren’t around anymore, so in the Manase era till now, can’t it be argued that the corruption hasn’t happened anymore?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Zimco

Post by Zimco »

2. according to that ESPN article ICC could have arranged a loan for ZC at more reasonable world finance rates but ZC failed to turn their mind to this.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I have to say I am a little concerned and disappointed at the forum here. This post has been up 48 hours now and not one regular forum member has come forward to offer concrete examples of corruption and misdoing in the Zim Cricket setup, apart from Zimco and Googly (thanks Zimco and Googly).

Everyone has been online in this timeframe and honestly this is a problem I suspected will happen.
People like to bitch and moan about the board, but do people’s even know what they are bitching and moaning about?

We have the eyes of the cricketing world temporarily on us at the moment as curious onlookers arrive wondering what’s going on. There is little to any evidence that there is even a problem of corruption by reading here, if an onlooker is actually curious to know what are the hearts of the problem.

This is like the online example of what we complain about when the players don’t step forward to say and do something. People want to whinge and complain and shout ‘chaaaaaange is needed’ but it’s becomign clear most of the forum don’t even know what the issues are.

How can we accurately discuss and tackle this problem if we don’t actually know the issue, and just refer to shady characters of bad intentions yet we don’t actually know what’s going on.

It’s sheep mentality. We are more comfortable whinging.

Like TapsC mentioned in another comment, everyone wants to support moves against Mukhulani, but when Mukhalani fights back by simply asking ‘what did I do wrong?’ And saying to the ICC he’s been the victim of a coup, people fold like a deck of cards.

I am NOT defending Mukhukalani in any way shape or form. I believe he’s been the perpetrator of apathy to Zimbabwe cricket, not insisting on games and tours, and to that there are possible explanations.
But it’s clear to me most don’t even know why they don’t like him apart from the fact the team isn’t playing well.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.