Fact Page (no opinion!)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Terryalderman

Fact Page (no opinion!)

Post by Terryalderman »

Whilst getting lost if I don’t regularly check on the other thread about the current situation. I thought it would be good to have one thread dedicated to actual fact so the lay man can keep across what is happening!😄 thanks in advance.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Fact Page (no opinion!)

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

There is one already. The concrete evidence one.
Read before posting
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

"Actual fact" as in "factual events" as the situation developes; e.g. actual further steps taken by the parties etc.
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:57 am
Read before posting
Good advice ;)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That's a different topic altogether ZIMDOGGY, I think Terryalderman means more along the lines of, from day to day what new facts (undisputed and can be sourced) have we learned?

eg.

Only a few players and staff turned up on August 1, the majority did not
https://www.herald.co.zw/hogg-disappoin ... f-players/

encore

Post by encore »

Forumites who claimed to have been part of the anti-ZC process - alongside SRC and Interim Board - were lying.
Voice of reason.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Very funny.

encore

Post by encore »

foreignfield wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:18 am
Very funny.
On the contrary not at all. It's very serious. This is after all a forum, and forums serve a purpose. And to me that's the most significant fact as far as a forum is/should be concerned.

I read the posts. And my reading tells me that if some characters here hadn't given you the impression that they are in very much in the loop, and actively part of the "reform actions", lobbying support among staff, players and administrators for a successful assault, then I doubt many of you would have supported this without considering the key questions and implications. It's called emotional fraud. ;)

Anyway, all this can be taken back to the other thread because this is for something else. But I would love a poll on just how many rode on sentiment spread by so-called instigators, and would have rather held back were it not for that.
Voice of reason.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Standards have dropped so far that Encores comment seems to be the level his water has found.
Encore can't tell the difference between right and wrong or is on the band wagon(ZC or Bvutes in SA) and so is dancing to a preplayed tune.

The travesty of this swinging moral compass doesn't just affect ZC but the entire country. Everyone except myself of course :)

The reality is with suspended ZC our country is doomed to cricket mediocrity akin to Kenya and worse.
With the SRC and the interim board you will see more ex cricketers getting involved, more experienced coaches coming back to zim and inputting their decades of knowledge, players will be retained and cricket spread properly round the country . Make no mistake SRC doesn't have the money as it's not supposed too BUT there is millions ready to be pumped into cricket as sponsorship because the business trust VH EDB and GM.
At present and in past years no one has sponsored ZC seriously as the entire nation knows it goes into the top echelon pockets... just the ICC and encore don't see this :roll:

Just thought i'd casually mention our Sables beat Zambia and Uganda and top the Africa table at the moment.... seems the slow turn around is working for Titan Law and GM.
We can only hope for a similar organisation in ZC. :W:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Encore aka Hhm is a troll. Fact, not just an opinion.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

https://twitter.com/SparBonsaT20

Pepsi, Spar, FastJet, etc... if these companies are willing to ignore a little T20 carnival then obviously the appetite exists to sponsor cricket.

Who are ZC's major sponsors? Well just go to their website and find out: https://zimcricket.org/index.php?option ... Itemid=136