Our pace Atack

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Our pace Atack

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:Pace is only part of the deal. Control and direction is needed as well. We do not want bad fast bowlers as batsmen score easy boundaries from them.
True. But pace helps. I think we're beginning to find the tall, hit-the-deck bowlers in Jarvis, Mpofu, Chitara etc, who can all bowl quickly. It's now down to Heath Streak to help them gain control and think about how to get the batters out through movement of the ball, opposed to raw pace and bounce.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:Pace is only part of the deal. Control and direction is needed as well. We do not want bad fast bowlers as batsmen score easy boundaries from them.
True. But pace helps. I think we're beginning to find the tall, hit-the-deck bowlers in Jarvis, Mpofu, Chitara etc, who can all bowl quickly. It's now down to Heath Streak to help them gain control and think about how to get the batters out through movement of the ball, opposed to raw pace and bounce.
England had high hopes of adrianas van troost who was fast but he was as accurate as a scud missile and his bowling average was over 40 although he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

i will take aliseni bowling 95mph anyday than other seamers bowling 87mph..all u need from a guy bowling 95mph is 5 good ballls in an innings..that equates to 5wickets!! he should be retained in our system since he is our quickest bowler..give all the 90mph+ bowlers what ever money they want..all we want is to watch good cricket on tv..lol

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:of adrianas van troost
He was from Holland wasn't he.....his brother captained the Netherlands in the 2003 CWC.
Zimfanatic69 wrote:he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.
I know for a fact he wasn't that fast because my dad faced him. He said he was fast, but not lighting quick.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:i will take aliseni bowling 95mph anyday than other seamers bowling 87mph..all u need from a guy bowling 95mph is 5 good ballls in an innings..that equates to 5wickets!! he should be retained in our system since he is our quickest bowler.
We all say that but he's not really be recognised by Heath Streak and the technical team has he...I mean look at Kyle Jarvis. He was picked out of the blue by Streak for his raw pace. And by the sounds of it Aleseni is slightly quicker.....why's he not been recognised ?? And his record doesn't show any venom or penetration in his bowling. I think it's just a rumour that this boy has pace, or else he'd atleast be playing for Zimbabwe A'

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

well sloan the thing is he did play in our domestic logan cup with an injury..he still bowled very fast..he is my friend on facebook mayb u should send him a friend request and ask him all the questions you wish..ha ha also he is dating a swazi princess not that we want to endulge in people's private lives..lol..i rememba watching blignaut, jarvis and aliseni bowling in the nets and he was definitely a yard or two faster than jarvis but last i heard he'd gone back to South Africa..my friend who plays for Rhinos says he is at university in South Africa and is talented at rugby. also as he is a 10.5sec 100M sprinter!!!

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:well sloan the thing is he did play in our domestic logan cup with an injury..he still bowled very fast..he is my friend on facebook mayb u should send him a friend request and ask him all the questions you wish..ha ha also he is dating a swazi princess not that we want to endulge in people's private lives..lol..i rememba watching blignaut, jarvis and aliseni bowling in the nets and he was definitely a yard or two faster than jarvis but last i heard he'd gone back to South Africa..my friend who plays for Rhinos says he is at university in South Africa and is talented at rugby. also as he is a 10.5sec 100M sprinter!!!

If Aliseni is back at uni that's fine and if he is committed to the Zim cause he would have worked something out with the coaching team, maybe to finish his studies first, as Zim is not stable as yet. I haven't seen him bowl either and just hear that he is very quick. The truth is that Zim should concentrate with the available players, we cannot count on Aliseni, Ireland, S Ervine if they are not available, life has to go on, resources have to be channelled to the up and coming cricketers plus the current committed team fighting to be in the first team. We will come good, Go Zim go.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

well i think shumba is ryt..im sure the lad will come when he is done with his studies so will ervine and ireland one day..

morgieb

Post by morgieb »

I think the reason why Aliseni hasn't appeared for Zimbabwe/Zimbabwe A is because he's only played 2 FC games. Isn't enough even though he has massive wraps on him.

Some good hopes for the future in here it seems.

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:of adrianas van troost
He was from Holland wasn't he.....his brother captained the Netherlands in the 2003 CWC.
Zimfanatic69 wrote:he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.
I know for a fact he wasn't that fast because my dad faced him. He said he was fast, but not lighting quick.
he was from holland but played in england for somerset. england wanted to fast track him. they had high hopes for him.

how fast he was when your dad played him is irrelevant. he hit those sort of speeds.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.