Our pace Atack

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Our pace Atack

Post by zimfan1 »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:of adrianas van troost
He was from Holland wasn't he.....his brother captained the Netherlands in the 2003 CWC.
Zimfanatic69 wrote:he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.
I know for a fact he wasn't that fast because my dad faced him. He said he was fast, but not lighting quick.
he was from holland but played in england for somerset. england wanted to fast track him. they had high hopes for him.

how fast he was when your dad played him is irrelevant. he hit those sort of speeds.
He defintly hit 95mph as he was the subject of a luch time programme in the 1997/1998 Ashes series and was tested using one of the ealier speed gun machines which were not very common in those days and he wowed everyone with his pace.

alan132

Post by alan132 »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:
of adrianas van troost

He was from Holland wasn't he.....his brother captained the Netherlands in the 2003 CWC.

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.
I know for a fact he wasn't that fast because my dad faced him. He said he was fast, but not lighting quick.

he was from holland but played in england for somerset. england wanted to fast track him. they had high hopes for him.

how fast he was when your dad played him is irrelevant. he hit those sort of speeds.

He defintly hit 95mph as he was the subject of a luch time programme in the 1997/1998 Ashes series and was tested using one of the ealier speed gun machines which were not very common in those days and he wowed everyone with his pace.
Saw him bowl once at Canterbury in a one day match and he certainly had some pace about him. Unfortunately he also sprayed the ball all over the place and went for quite a few.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:of adrianas van troost
Zimfanatic69 wrote:he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.

Chill I'm just going off what my dad said a few years back when he played for Lancashire two's. He might have hit those speeds, fair enough, but it is irrelevant how quick he was when my dad faced him, since it was he who was batting !

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

alan132 wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:
of adrianas van troost

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
he was regulalry as fast as 90/95 mph.

Saw him bowl once at Canterbury in a one day match and he certainly had some pace about him. Unfortunately he also sprayed the ball all over the place and went for quite a few.
That was his problem. Plenty of pace and very little accuracy which was my orginal point. definately potential at the time but somerset worked more on caddick.
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Well i suppose they had to make a choice. Do we work on a home grown, english fast bowler like Caddick, or an overseas player who plays for the Netherlands....

Zimfanatic69
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Zimfanatic69 »

sloandog wrote:Well i suppose they had to make a choice. Do we work on a home grown, english fast bowler like Caddick, or an overseas player who plays for the Netherlands....

Yeah that homegrown player Caddick. Home grown in New zealand.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
A talented batsman but a modest, hardworking character, Stuart Matsikenyeri is the third of three school friends from Churchill Boys High School, Harare to represent Zimbabwe in international cricket. - Cricinfo.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:Well i suppose they had to make a choice. Do we work on a home grown, english fast bowler like Caddick, or an overseas player who plays for the Netherlands....

Yeah that homegrown player Caddick. Home grown in New zealand.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Christ I didn't know he was born in New Zeland :shock: :shock: :shock:

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

Who have been Zim 's top 5 fastest bowlers ever, in our history and fast were they.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

watambwa, blignaut, olonga, friend, aliseni

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

shumbat wrote:Who have been Zim 's top 5 fastest bowlers ever, in our history and fast were they.
I reckon our fastest bowlers have been:

. Andy Blignaut
. Travis Friend
. Henry Olonga
. Eddo Brandes (He could be very quick on his day)
. Kyle Jarvis

How can you say Aleseni is one of the quickest when he's hardly played 3 first class matches, and nobody has any footage of him bowling.