Our pace Atack

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Our pace Atack

Post by Conant »

sloandog wrote:
shumbat wrote:Who have been Zim 's top 5 fastest bowlers ever, in our history and fast were they.
How can you say Aleseni is one of the quickest when he's hardly played 3 first class matches, and nobody has any footage of him bowling.
Sloan, I thought you were quite certain yourself that Aliseni was quite... er, "rapid!". :D

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

mayb if u decided to go watch some of these guys practice sloan you needth find a rocket scientist to tell you who is quicker than the other.. for many years i have followed zimbabwe cricket closely and travelled with them...so tell me does it take some tv footage or 50m first class matches to know if one bowler is quicker than the other when you have seen them practice??? i call on you to come to zimbabwe in november to watch a few 1st class games before you start arguing..there was a guy called khawulani ntuli better known as khatso who used to play for westerns and was rated the fastest bowler in the country..but circumstances unknown to us all led him to go play cricket down south..so just because you didnt watch him ball or he didnt play 50 first class matches does that make him any slower than blig?? eddo brandes was a medium pacer..streak was a tearaway 92mph bowler wen he first played for zimbabwe..i happened to be by the nets watching when jarvis, aliseni and blignaut were told to bowl as fast as they can by heath streak..and aliseni was a full 2 yards quicker than jarvis..yes jarvis..so if a player decides that cricket in zim is not for them then lets not judge them on that but on merit..not everyone aspires to play for zimbabwe everyday..look at the amount of people who have walked away from zim cricket?? plus watambwa was quicker than blig, olonga and friend when they played together..i am talking from what i have seen with my eyes..

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:i happened to be by the nets watching when jarvis, aliseni and blignaut were told to bowl as fast as they can by heath streak..and aliseni was a full 2 yards quicker than jarvis..yes jarvis..
I guess this is the best yet confirmation of this enigma that has become of Gerald Aliseni's pace...

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

Conant wrote:
bigdoggpitbull wrote:i happened to be by the nets watching when jarvis, aliseni and blignaut were told to bowl as fast as they can by heath streak..and aliseni was a full 2 yards quicker than jarvis..yes jarvis..
I guess this is the best yet confirmation of this enigma that has become of Gerald Aliseni's pace...
i was the one who first said jarvis was in pretoria and could bowl 90mph and people laughed..now im saying another thing and we at it again..lol.. :D

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:mayb if u decided to go watch some of these guys practice sloan you needth find a rocket scientist to tell you who is quicker than the other.. for many years i have followed zimbabwe cricket closely and travelled with them...so tell me does it take some tv footage or 50m first class matches to know if one bowler is quicker than the other when you have seen them practice??? i call on you to come to zimbabwe in november to watch a few 1st class games before you start arguing

Mate I've just got back from Zimbabwe and never stopped watching them, so stop talking stupid.
You call on me to come to Zimbabwe ?? :lol: You don't have to call on me, I'll be there anyway. I'm not saying Aleseni's not quick, I'm just questioning as to whether or not he's actually as fast as everybody makes him out to be.

Sheesh, I say one thing out of line and everybody gets mad :?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
bigdoggpitbull wrote:mayb if u decided to go watch some of these guys practice sloan you needth find a rocket scientist to tell you who is quicker than the other.. for many years i have followed zimbabwe cricket closely and travelled with them...so tell me does it take some tv footage or 50m first class matches to know if one bowler is quicker than the other when you have seen them practice??? i call on you to come to zimbabwe in november to watch a few 1st class games before you start arguing

Mate I've just got back from Zimbabwe and never stopped watching them, so stop talking stupid.
You call on me to come to Zimbabwe ?? :lol: You don't have to call on me, I'll be there anyway. I'm not saying Aleseni's not quick, I'm just questioning as to whether or not he's actually as fast as everybody makes him out to be.

Sheesh, I say one thing out of line and everybody gets mad :?

I dont think he is that fast either, we would have known by now if he was. We always see Streak talking him up.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jamthala
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by jamthala »

I think chitara need some A team games,if he play more those games.than it will benefit him more as i hink.
God Always Favors Brave Always

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:I dont think he is that fast either, we would have known by now if he was. We always see Streak talking him up.
Alleluia !! :lol:
If he was indeed as fast as every1 makes him out to be Streak would have atleast spoken about him...

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jamthala wrote:I think chitara need some A team games,if he play more those games.than it will benefit him more as i hink.
Ya i agree. Throwing him to the lions may well crush his confidence. Get him in the A side with Shingrai Mazakadza and Sean Williams :lol:

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

Looks like the A side is shaping out to be strong outfit, Chatara, S Masakadza, Williams, Rainsford, Mutizwa, Chibhabha, Jarvis, Aliseni, quite a lot of maybe quality pace bowling. who else could be in the team.