Our pace Atack

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Our pace Atack

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:my advice is play, get some momentum.

Taking time off from cricket kills players development.
Some never return.

*IF* you must leave it should be to a highish standard of cricket like county, sheffield shiel etc
Ya I agree. Guys like Brendan Taylor, Elton Chigumbura, Charles Coventry, Craig Ervine and Graeme Cremer will all have contracts in England to play this summer. Hopefully the standard in which they'll be playing is of good quality.
However other guys like Prosper Utsea, Chris Mpofu and maybe even Ray Price will be sitting on their thumbs for a few months now.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

sloandog wrote:
bigdoggpitbull wrote:mayb if u decided to go watch some of these guys practice sloan you needth find a rocket scientist to tell you who is quicker than the other.. for many years i have followed zimbabwe cricket closely and travelled with them...so tell me does it take some tv footage or 50m first class matches to know if one bowler is quicker than the other when you have seen them practice??? i call on you to come to zimbabwe in november to watch a few 1st class games before you start arguing

Mate I've just got back from Zimbabwe and never stopped watching them, so stop talking stupid.
You call on me to come to Zimbabwe ?? :lol: You don't have to call on me, I'll be there anyway. I'm not saying Aleseni's not quick, I'm just questioning as to whether or not he's actually as fast as everybody makes him out to be.

Sheesh, I say one thing out of line and everybody gets mad :?
sorry if i made it look like i was attackin u sloan..im jus a cricket enthusiast lyk u..i was jus makin a point nd i think u took it in the wrong contest..im a fan of fast bowling like u as i was once one in high school..I 4got to mention muzarabani in my list he is a very good bowler with decent pace 140kph bowler..also i was impressed with blig in his outing..he did touch the mid 130s easily nd it shows u at full tilt him nd jarvis nd muzarabani r e fastest we have..im impressed by mpofu also..i cant wait for the return of jarvis..hopefully he gets a run in the next logan cup..

LONG LIVE THE FAST MEN!!!! lol :-)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

bigdoggpitbull wrote:
sloandog wrote:
bigdoggpitbull wrote:mayb if u decided to go watch some of these guys practice sloan you needth find a rocket scientist to tell you who is quicker than the other.. for many years i have followed zimbabwe cricket closely and travelled with them...so tell me does it take some tv footage or 50m first class matches to know if one bowler is quicker than the other when you have seen them practice??? i call on you to come to zimbabwe in november to watch a few 1st class games before you start arguing

Mate I've just got back from Zimbabwe and never stopped watching them, so stop talking stupid.
You call on me to come to Zimbabwe ?? :lol: You don't have to call on me, I'll be there anyway. I'm not saying Aleseni's not quick, I'm just questioning as to whether or not he's actually as fast as everybody makes him out to be.

Sheesh, I say one thing out of line and everybody gets mad :?
sorry if i made it look like i was attackin u sloan..im jus a cricket enthusiast lyk u..i was jus makin a point nd i think u took it in the wrong contest..im a fan of fast bowling like u as i was once one in high school..I 4got to mention muzarabani in my list he is a very good bowler with decent pace 140kph bowler..also i was impressed with blig in his outing..he did touch the mid 130s easily nd it shows u at full tilt him nd jarvis nd muzarabani r e fastest we have..im impressed by mpofu also..i cant wait for the return of jarvis..hopefully he gets a run in the next logan cup..

LONG LIVE THE FAST MEN!!!! lol :-)

No probs mate.
I had no idea that Muzarabini was an 87Mph bowler. Thanks for pointing that out mate. It just shows that we do indeed have pace in the ranks, we're just not using them correctly.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The word 'regressed' comes to mind when reading this thread :(

aydee

Post by aydee »

sloandog wrote:The word 'regressed' comes to mind when reading this thread :(
Well, I don't think it has, as the same faces are still around... Perhaps "deluded", for much of the original opinion? Remember there was no test cricket at that time, and bowling your 22nd over of the day is where the real challenge is for a pacer...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

At least Kyle Jarvis has been picking up top order wickets and Chatara has taken key wickets also. With Mpofu and Rainsford in reserve things could certainly be worse.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

aydee wrote:
Well, I don't think it has, as the same faces are still around... Perhaps "deluded", for much of the original opinion? Remember there was no test cricket at that time, and bowling your 22nd over of the day is where the real challenge is for a pacer...
Ireland, Aleseni, Nicholson ; gone

aydee

Post by aydee »

sloandog wrote:
aydee wrote:
Ireland, Aleseni, Nicholson ; gone
Ireland was long gone in 2010, Aliseni was never around in the first place, and Nicolson was bowling a wide or no-ball every over and got dropped from the Rhinos side prior to quitting (although he did show some potential when he occasionally found some rhythm).

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

its a miracle we havent lost more as yet.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I wish Ireland was on the domestic scene, even if not available for internationals. He would help complete the Rocks attack