Zimbabwe XI Squad for Netherlands / Canada

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Zimbabwe XI Squad for Netherlands / Canada

Post by maehara »

Hot off the ZC presses, the squad for the tour of Netherlands and Canada (Intercontinental Cup and ODIs):

1. V. Sibanda (capt)
2. F. Mtizwa
3. S. Williams
4. C. Ervine
5. C. Coventry
6. C. Chibabha
7. R. Chakabva
8. S. Matsikenyeri
9. T. Chatara
10. E. Rainsford
11. K. Dabengwa
12. S. Masakadza
13. N. M'shangwe
14. N. Waller
15. T. Maruma

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe XI Squad for Netherlands / Canada

Post by zimfan1 »

Strong squad, this will mean that there will be plenty of murmurs amongst the Associates about us more a less fielding our national team.

Be interesting to see if that is Nathan Waller or possibly Malcolm Waller as ZC are known to of made plenty of spelling mistakes in the past ;)

aydee

Post by aydee »

zimfan1 wrote:Strong squad, this will mean that there will be plenty of murmurs amongst the Associates about us more a less fielding our national team.

Be interesting to see if that is Nathan Waller or possibly Malcolm Waller as ZC are known to of made plenty of spelling mistakes in the past ;)
Well it's not more or less the national team is it... Maybe a couple would get in a first choice XI, that's it. A good squad in m opinion. I think they're wise to pick players for these games who have a reasonable chance of playing international cricket, rather than just flinging in a load of youngsters.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Dabengwa is back in the fold????!!!!!!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

bayhaus
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by bayhaus »

Its nice that Zim can get a ZIM XI like this This a good squad and I hope they beat these associates comprehensively.
POVOAfrika = Arts + Culture + Sustainability
Follow on Twitter
My Blog

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

aydee wrote:
zimfan1 wrote:Strong squad, this will mean that there will be plenty of murmurs amongst the Associates about us more a less fielding our national team.

Well it's not more or less the national team is it... Maybe a couple would get in a first choice XI, that's it. A good squad in m opinion. I think they're wise to pick players for these games who have a reasonable chance of playing international cricket, rather than just flinging in a load of youngsters.
Very strong indeed, agree only a couple players at a time would be in the first X1, Keagan Meth should have been added as an all rounder for the future, i know Chibhabha is one, Matsikinyire, has he got a future in the X1.

aydee

Post by aydee »

eugene wrote:Dabengwa is back in the fold????!!!!!!
As he definitely deserves to be after his performances in the Logan Cup last year, where he got a couple of big hundreds opening the batting.

bigdoggpitbull

Post by bigdoggpitbull »

yes dabengwa got sum big hundreds wen he returned..well i still dont see greg strydom or malcom wallers names..those 2 names shud b there..

Boundary
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Boundary »

Strong squad indeed, hopefully they'll dispatch the Dutch and Canadians easily, to silence murmurs about our Test return. My only worry is how they'll deal with foreign conditions, but there's enough talent or experience to ease my worries I hope.

Which 4 would you leave out for the 1st Intercontinental match?

StevenZim
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by StevenZim »

great to see sean williams back in the fold. Hopefully he gets some runs and can get a spot in the team for the South africa tour. A quick question. What is everyone thoughts on Hamiltons Bowling abilities? Is he good enough to be an all-rounder?