Tri Nation T20 Series 2019 : Bangladesh, Zimbabwe & Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
afghankhan

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2019 : Bangladesh, Zimbabwe & Afghanistan

Post by afghankhan »

encore wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm
Politics, favouritism and nepotism in administration will hurt Afghanistan cricket badly.

Their situation is made worse by wealthy players (IPL, BPL etc) who have power financially and body of work. I don't think there was ever a country in the history of cricket which had those challenges at the start of it's Full Member status (maybe re-admission South Africa eg Kepler).

Afghanistan have got serious issues. Golden Age that will go to waste.

Interestingly, in this T20 age I doubt they will unearth many batsmen with the right intelligence and temperament.

In South Africa I've been exposed to Hindu Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis - recent immigrants. So I more or less have an idea about their culture or what makes them tick. But I have no idea about the culture and make up or general personalities of Afghans. Judging from a distance, and without being direct or overly stereotypical, something tells me they will never have competent batsmen.

Noor Ali Zadran going toe to toe with Taibu in a mere FC match in the I-Cup exactly a decade ago is probably the first and the last time any of their products will have stood up to a decent opposite batsman.

I think India set the tone for where exactly they stand. And Ireland (despite their near-shock against England), should probably be more embarassed about how they fared against Afghanistan than they are.

It's such things which makes one believe Zimbabwe - because of the Logan Cup - will always be there and thereabouts in Test cricket.
This post is dumb on so many levels.
More or less equals to when people say white people are more intellegent then black people.
You have never met Afghans? But yet goes on to make a stereotypical assesment.
We just won our 2. test in 3 test matches and yet you think we never gonna produce a competent batsman? Zimbabe took 31 matches to register 2 wins.

We have produced better batsman then Noor ALi Zadran.

Fun fact: Ibrahim Zadran scored 21 and 87 on debut to help Afghanistan win away test against Bangladesh. He is nephew of Noor Ali Zadran.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

afghankhan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:47 pm
encore wrote:
Politics, favouritism and nepotism in administration will hurt Afghanistan cricket badly.

Their situation is made worse by wealthy players (IPL, BPL etc) who have power financially and body of work. I don't think there was ever a country in the history of cricket which had those challenges at the start of it's Full Member status (maybe re-admission South Africa eg Kepler).

Interestingly, in this T20 age I doubt they will unearth many batsmen with the right intelligence and temperament.

In South Africa I've been exposed to Hindu Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis - recent immigrants. So I more or less have an idea about their culture or what makes them tick. But I have no idea about the culture and make up or general personalities of Afghans. Judging from a distance, and without being direct or overly stereotypical, something tells me they will never have competent batsmen.

Noor Ali Zadran going toe to toe with Taibu in a mere FC match in the I-Cup exactly a decade ago is probably the first and the last time any of their products will have stood up to a decent opposite batsman.

I think India set the tone for where exactly they stand. And Ireland (despite their near-shock against England), should probably be more embarassed about how they fared against Afghanistan than they are.

It's such things which makes one believe Zimbabwe - because of the Logan Cup - will always be there and thereabouts in Test cricket.
More or less equals to when people say white people are more intellegent then black people.
We just won our 2. test in 3 test matches and yet you think we never gonna produce a competent batsman? Zimbabe took 31 matches to register 2 wins.

Fun fact: Ibrahim Zadran scored 21 and 87 on debut to help Afghanistan win away test against Bangladesh. He is nephew of Noor Ali Zadran.
Don’t listen to anyone this moron has to say Afghankhan, he’s a man with more agendas than brain cells, you can’t reason with him.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

afghankhan wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:47 pm
encore wrote:

Firstly, congratulations on Afghanistan's win. There are 12 nations who play Test cricket, and of your 11 possible opponents, I would only support ZIM, WI and SA against AFG. So regardless of my post, I was fully behind AFG against BD in this Test, and glad they won. I will not go into technicalities because it will not advance the conversation, but I do stand by my reasoning about your batsmen and the unique challenges you face. Anyway, let's chat after you tour NZ or come down to SA.

NB: Nabi should have played on a bit longer.
Voice of reason.