REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly
Posts: 4759
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by Googly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 am

I dunno if you saw the Panama Papers? That was very interesting, huge money has been externalized, most of which would be right here and this place would be booming if it was correctly governed and there would be no gap for the Chinese to exploit. Let’s lay the blame where it’s supposed to be.
Taps you’re making out that Chingoka was a good guy, sure he may have been there when we got membership, but then look what happened. That doesn’t make him good. You’ll do the same when Mugabe departs. This whole revolutionary thing where folk claim that upheaval is sometimes necessary in order to achieve a goal only has credence if the goal is finally achieved, with the benefit of hindsight I’d say it’s all been a tragic waste of time and I question their motives and I always have. The drive for empowerment has always been based on revenge and self gain, I’ve always thought that and I’ve been proven correct. The problem is everybody that has enabled these guys, they’re to blame, and that’s basically everybody. They would rather see a wealthy black elite thriving in a mess than a white and Indian one in a functioning environment and that’s been very cleverly orchestrated over the decades. A white man can’t run a successful business here without black partners, directors and managers, I mean how racist is that? And if they’re not kept on a short rein they will take advantage of you and as a fact there’s no comeback, they will get away with it.
All those wealthy white guys on that list that make your lip curl in anger have mega wealthy black partners that have had largely a free ride, if you think that’s empowering then you need to reassess. It’s a messed up situation and is one of the main reason we’re in this economic hole that we are never ever climbing out of. Just look around you at the destruction of practically everything, there’s nobody capable of fixing it, least of all the current guys or the current opposition.

Googly
Posts: 4759
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by Googly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:52 am

Those wealthy white guys have survived and learnt how to manipulate the system, and they dont do it directly, they need an indigenous connection.
You can approach any of them with a business idea and they will do business with you if you have the right plan. If they mess you up you have recourse. Go to any of the others and if you’re not related or don’t belong to an equally powerful family or cartel you will leave without the shirt on your back and you will have zero recourse. Fact.

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by zimbos_05 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am

TapsC wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am

Like they dont have private jets, fancy houses and Porsches. You are so blinded by hate bro. Its a shame. Or maybe you just havent been around wealthy white people to see it for yourself.

Its this kind of language which makes any moderate people be like screw it if you hate Africa so much go where its perfect. I am sure they love your presence there in Austrailia Zimbos

Talk about missing the point. I never said they don't have luxuries, I said they invest back. I'll give you one example (of many that I could).

John Bredenkamp built a state of art computer centre at Prince Edward School, which has since been not looked after properly.

Mayor Wadyajena bought a 400k (which he bragged about) car and then paraded it on the streets of Harare in front of the poor masses, and then claims that sanctions are what is causing the people to starve.

I have no hate, don't be blinded to conclusions because we have differing opinions. I have travelled a lot and been around of different type of people, fortunately allowing me the opportunity to learn a lot.

Seems like you define moderate people as only those who agree with you no matter what. I can't say it's perfect in Australia, but at least I have water, electricity, looked after roads, healthcare, a job, and the police do not abuse us.

TapsC
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by TapsC » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:33 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am
TapsC wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am

Like they dont have private jets, fancy houses and Porsches. You are so blinded by hate bro. Its a shame. Or maybe you just havent been around wealthy white people to see it for yourself.

Its this kind of language which makes any moderate people be like screw it if you hate Africa so much go where its perfect. I am sure they love your presence there in Austrailia Zimbos

Talk about missing the point. I never said they don't have luxuries, I said they invest back. I'll give you one example (of many that I could).

John Bredenkamp built a state of art computer centre at Prince Edward School, which has since been not looked after properly.

Mayor Wadyajena bought a 400k (which he bragged about) car and then paraded it on the streets of Harare in front of the poor masses, and then claims that sanctions are what is causing the people to starve.

I have no hate, don't be blinded to conclusions because we have differing opinions. I have travelled a lot and been around of different type of people, fortunately allowing me the opportunity to learn a lot.

Seems like you define moderate people as only those who agree with you no matter what. I can't say it's perfect in Australia, but at least I have water, electricity, looked after roads, healthcare, a job, and the police do not abuse us.
Here you are comparing a billionaire in his 70s to a millionaire half his age then you say you are not biased. You do know there is a difference between rich and wealthy people right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsda ... fraud/amp/

There are lots of wealthy black individuals who do so much for their communities that you have never even heard of. Dont paint everybody with the same brush. Just ask. Its like me saying certain people are all terrorists because of what I saw on TV.

TapsC
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by TapsC » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am
TapsC wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am

Like they dont have private jets, fancy houses and Porsches. You are so blinded by hate bro. Its a shame. Or maybe you just havent been around wealthy white people to see it for yourself.

Its this kind of language which makes any moderate people be like screw it if you hate Africa so much go where its perfect. I am sure they love your presence there in Austrailia Zimbos

Talk about missing the point. I never said they don't have luxuries, I said they invest back. I'll give you one example (of many that I could).

John Bredenkamp built a state of art computer centre at Prince Edward School, which has since been not looked after properly.

Mayor Wadyajena bought a 400k (which he bragged about) car and then paraded it on the streets of Harare in front of the poor masses, and then claims that sanctions are what is causing the people to starve.

I have no hate, don't be blinded to conclusions because we have differing opinions. I have travelled a lot and been around of different type of people, fortunately allowing me the opportunity to learn a lot.

Seems like you define moderate people as only those who agree with you no matter what. I can't say it's perfect in Australia, but at least I have water, electricity, looked after roads, healthcare, a job, and the police do not abuse us.
Here you are comparing a billionaire in his 70s to a millionaire half his age then you say you are not biased. You do know there is a difference between rich and wealthy people right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsda ... fraud/amp/

There are lots of wealthy black individuals who do so much for their communities that you have never even heard of. Dont paint everybody with the same brush. Just ask. Its like me saying certain people are all terrorists because of what I saw on TV.

TapsC
Posts: 1933
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:54 am

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by TapsC » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 am

Googly wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:42 am
I dunno if you saw the Panama Papers? That was very interesting, huge money has been externalized, most of which would be right here and this place would be booming if it was correctly governed and there would be no gap for the Chinese to exploit. Let’s lay the blame where it’s supposed to be.
Taps you’re making out that Chingoka was a good guy, sure he may have been there when we got membership, but then look what happened. That doesn’t make him good. You’ll do the same when Mugabe departs. This whole revolutionary thing where folk claim that upheaval is sometimes necessary in order to achieve a goal only has credence if the goal is finally achieved, with the benefit of hindsight I’d say it’s all been a tragic waste of time and I question their motives and I always have. The drive for empowerment has always been based on revenge and self gain, I’ve always thought that and I’ve been proven correct. The problem is everybody that has enabled these guys, they’re to blame, and that’s basically everybody. They would rather see a wealthy black elite thriving in a mess than a white and Indian one in a functioning environment and that’s been very cleverly orchestrated over the decades. A white man can’t run a successful business here without black partners, directors and managers, I mean how racist is that? And if they’re not kept on a short rein they will take advantage of you and as a fact there’s no comeback, they will get away with it.
All those wealthy white guys on that list that make your lip curl in anger have mega wealthy black partners that have had largely a free ride, if you think that’s empowering then you need to reassess. It’s a messed up situation and is one of the main reason we’re in this economic hole that we are never ever climbing out of. Just look around you at the destruction of practically everything, there’s nobody capable of fixing it, least of all the current guys or the current opposition.
You are 100% right here Googly. I cant disagree. A lot of people have been made wealthy whilst bringing absolutely nothing to the table. Empowerment should never be about handouts and creating an elite black minority too. I think its a generational thing. Animal Farm in real life

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 1216
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by zimbos_05 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:07 pm

TapsC wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am


Here you are comparing a billionaire in his 70s to a millionaire half his age then you say you are not biased. You do know there is a difference between rich and wealthy people right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsda ... fraud/amp/

There are lots of wealthy black individuals who do so much for their communities that you have never even heard of. Dont paint everybody with the same brush. Just ask. Its like me saying certain people are all terrorists because of what I saw on TV.
Mate, you make me laugh. You always miss my points and draw other conclusions.

What does age have to do with it? If two people have the same means and do different things with it, you judge their action, not age.

I am also not denying that there are black rich people who do good. I've dealt with them. The thing for me, in Zimbabwe at least, is that the ones in a position of power do not seem to do so.

If an Australian politician drove up the streets of Melbourne tomorrow in a fancy half a mil car and bragged about his riches to everyone and then told the people who are suffering (that he is meant to serve) that it is not his fault, he'd probably be sacked within a few hours. In zim though, a wealthy politician can show off his wealth in front of a clearly impoverished people and gets away with it.

I also never said Bredenkamp was a saint. I know of his arms deals and issues he has had. My point was that he invested money back in to the school, when he did not need to.

You need to stop painting me with a brush. You are allowing whatever deep seated feeling you have against me from clouding how you understand and respond to my posts.

You literally agreed with Googly above, and yet it was the same point I was making.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 3835
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm

I genuinely am loving this. I mean this in a sincere sense.
Some great points raised.

Although I have to laugh at the fact cricket is so far away from talking points nowadays. Like the wraaastling episode on South Park wherein it’s highlighted everything takes a backseat to the WWE theatre, and the actual wrestling is a non event, like the cricket here and politics.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flakeman
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:07 pm

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by Flakeman » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 am

Best thread ever. Google absolutely smashing the nail on the head.

Googly
Posts: 4759
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Re: REST IN PEACE PETER CHINGOKA

Post by Googly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Interesting listening to Mukhulani speak at Chingoka’s funeral, he speaks well. I heard Bvute speak at Kevin Curran’s funeral and he’s an exceptional orator.
That’s the problem, these guys are smart, they’ve gotten into these positions because of it. Unfortunately they’ve use their IQ’s to surround themselves with allies, entrench themselves, manipulate intellectually inferior people and to find the loopholes.

Once again I have to mention that Mr Mugabe will get a huge send off. We sit in a wasteland of shattered dreams, the country devastated and broken beyond repair, our families scattered to the four corners of the planet and he will be called the Father of the Nation and all manner of other astonishing accolades, but of course we’re free from the colonial yoke and can vote freely for Zanu as often as we choose, if anyone thinks our cricket is any different I’d suggest they’re either directly benefiting, too young to know any different (yes it’s been that long now), or have been so brainwashed that they think it’s all been worth it. Recent events would indicate that indeed most of the current cricketing fraternity do indeed think this has all been a necessary step towards a better future and they’ve given ZC a big thumbs up. I just have to ask when they think we’re turning this mysterious corner? Know this- we’ve missed our last chance to take a different road so you’d all better hope that Mukhulani and Co are actually really good and competent guys that have been hiding their talents and good intentions in a very secret place to spring a wonderful surprise on you all. Forget all the obvious bad stuff, but if any of you think they’ve done one good thing that could not have been done hugely and significantly better I’d say you’re incredibly deluded and stupid. You see that’s the problem, people always say “well he did x,y and z!” Yes sure, but it could all have been done ten thousand times better.
Anyway you’ve all made your beds, time to lie in them.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests