Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Breaking News. Hamilton to retire after the BD T20I tri-series. Good decision given how things have gone for him of late. Its a shame that we got to play so few tests after we rejoined in 2011 - his strongest format. We owe a large part of our last two test wins to him, which is no mean feat. This decision also sets him apart from the likes of Utseya and Chigumbura. Farewell Hammy! Best wishes for the final series...
hmzim.jpg
hmzim.jpg (42.7 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

sam_ahm

Re: Hamilton Masakadza announces retirement

Post by sam_ahm »

Farewell Mazakadza, great servent of Zimbabwe Cricket. Good decision, his place can go to a deserving youngster like Burl or Moor.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Not that he’d care, but most have lost a lot of respect for the big man. His recent machinations during this SRC saga have guaranteed him a soft but prime admin or coaching post, or perhaps Convener of Selectors?

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

One Of Greatest Zimbabwe Player.

His stats like Flowers would also have been differant if things after 2003 would'nt have been bad.

He Should be directly offered dual role of Chairman cum Conveyor of selector & Coach for the Emergining Cricketers by throwing away Chawaguta & co.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

i am tempted to think that he could soon be the players rep in the ZC board or the MD (given the impasse btwn the SRC and ZC). The numbers do not do justice to the talent that he possessed, a good servant and ambassador of Zimbabwe Cricket.. he had a bit to offer in the long format imho but in the short formats, it was increasingly difficult to justify his place in the squad. will miss his golden arm, the catches in the slips and his partnerships with Taylor and Ervine in the middle.. go well Hammy :W: !!

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Let's hope Greame Cremer comes back as Captain and lead Zimbabwe

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

My suspicion is that they will give him another role which I think he has earned. Soft landing perhaps. Looking back I think we have been harsh on Hami. He got dropped multiple times until recently. Multiple.

Looks like we will have a new opening partnership uptop. Something a bit exciting actually. Burl Tari PJ and Kamunhukamwe are the guys I can immediately think of. I personally dont want BT to play uptop but knowing how ZC works if the youngsters flop a couple of times he will open. Problem is if BT is out in the first 5 overs we would have a serious handicap. We need a brave new brand of cricket uptop.

If I was Rajput I would even give Myers Shumba or Oldknow a shot, 1 of them could take their chance and surprise us all.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Who’s Oldknow?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Myers is only 16 I think. You can’t expect a 16 year old to open in international cricket. He’s a very very good player and should be playing franchise and A team cricket, but the quickest way to ruin a promising kid is to put him up front. He’d certainly be worth thinking about as a no 6/7 though, but needs to be exposed to a higher level of cricket first. I don’t even know where Shumba is these days? I’ve watched Shumba once and Myers a couple of times and you can’t compare them- Myers is a light year ahead of him, this kid is sharp!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok I’ve asked a guy who knows his beans, Oldknow is at school in England, has a good eye and is a dasher, but does not have the technique to play the higher levels.
There are levels and there are levels.
Now is the time to make Byrom a serious offer.
Tried and tested, ticks every box.