[MATCH THREAD] Tri Series Game I Zim v BD

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Tri Series Game I Zim v BD

Post by encore »

Another left-armer spinner vs a left-hand batsman.

This is ridiculous!

In the very first six for BD this innings, that batsman(Liton Das) switch-hit Williams. It's been extra simple to hit with the spin.

Same happening to Burl now, batsman just opening the face.

Go back to seam!!!
Voice of reason.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Seam not working either.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Remind me why Burl was sidelined for so long?

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s unfair of you to criticize Hammy’s captaincy, Encore. :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Remind me why Burl was sidelined for so long?
Because of players like Chibabha, Jongwe, Chigumbura, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

It would be fitting if Hammy bowed out with straight losses. Started his career with a world record and should end with another.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm
It would be fitting if Hammy bowed out with straight losses. Started his career with a world record and should end with another.
How would that be a world record?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

This loss is largely down to Lachland Rajput.

Shakib may have bowled poorly, but really it was very clear that seam was going to be more dangerous that spin on this pitch - mixing slower balls, short balls, full, wide, just varying things.

And what do Zimbabwe do? We planned for Williams to open the bowling, and we'll stick to that! Rubbish!

Chatara, Jarvis, and Madziva should have opened and bowled the bulk of the first 12 overs!

Googly you're being spiteful when you just lost a crucial game after embarrassing horrors in Europe. Burl was bogged down and was fortunate not to fall to seam before he cut loose. 9 out of the 11 sixes were against spinners, plus plenty of the boundaries against them were big and could have easily been sixes. That should tell you something. Burl & Williams were just fortunate not to bowl a 4th over against these two set young BD batsmen, otherwise they would have been hurt badlly too like Shakib.

I hope you were watching the match. ALL of Hami's 6s & 4s were against spin. Even Taylor was looking like he was in the mood against spin. Rashid, Nabi and Mujeeb would've been scarred today too. It's not a case of how 'wow Burl' but a case of ZIM should have been smarter because this match was theirs to lose. Burl rightly dispatched mediocrty when he was set, and Mutombodzi was superb in rotating the strike when ZIm was on the ropes(Burl too). Fact is ZIM lost from a winning position. How and why should be your primary concern.

How you guys are calm is beyond me.
Voice of reason.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Same old mistakes by Zimbabwe, losing from positions of winning. Sloppy work in the field towards the end and why was that new all rounder not given a ball at all? As long as Hammy is captain, Zimbabwe will struggle to win.

Having said that I saw the game and it was a sensational Knock by young Afif... So good to see a youngster play like the way he did. Such a cool head and some of those shots were brilliant.

Zimbabwe need to get their act right tomorrow against the Afghans.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The world record is biggest losing streak by a captain. He’s not a captain’s arse. Good captaincy would have won that one.