[MATCH THREAD] Tri Series Game I Zim v BD

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MATCH THREAD] Tri Series Game I Zim v BD

Post by jaybro »

The UAE argument has been run & done a thousand times, let’s not go over it again
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This is why I want Williams to be the next captain. He is the right mix of emotional and somebody who doesnt like losing. Imagine dropping a catch off Williams' bowling and he is the captain? You know you are in for a tough time. Unfortunately for way too long Hami has looked like that employee who doesnt care if the company has had a bad day or not. This is why they never made him captain until recently.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:44 am
This is why I want Williams to be the next captain. He is the right mix of emotional and somebody who doesnt like losing. Imagine dropping a catch off Williams' bowling and he is the captain? You know you are in for a tough time. Unfortunately for way too long Hami has looked like that employee who doesnt care if the company has had a bad day or not. This is why they never made him captain until recently.
Apparently he doesn’t do anything against Top sides (not including Afghanistan or Bangladesh) or unless the game
Is a dead rubber. So I guess he can’t be captain ?

Ps I agree with you TapsC
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:53 am

Neither do I 😁

Nah I guess it’s just how he loves to compete & he’s had a few match winning performances despite limited chances. No doubt his action is odd, his domestic form has been underwhelming & he’s no world beater, but he’s a hustler & he seems to always be amongst the wickets.

I like the way he goes about his cricket.
Just be glad you aren't Indian and don't have to watch Jasprit Bumrah's bowling action. That makes Chatara and Madziva look like Malcolm Marshall :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:37 am
It all comes down to mentality. That winning mentality. Hami doesnt have it unfortunately.

And yes Zimbos I dont like Ervine after the UAE defeat last year. Im sorry i just cant unsee it. That game literally changed our destiny. Almosy everything that has happened in the last 18 months was because of that loss. Losing blessing mire and cremer, suspension etc
This is my point though. That loss was not purely Ervines fault. There were many factors. Bowlers were poor. Taylor failed. The openers failed. Raza and Williams gave away their wickets on poor shots, yet for you Ervine sticks out as the one to take the blame.

And since that game, Ervine has been by far and away the best batsman for Zim, yet your view does not change.

I'm not picking on you. We all are guilty by the looks of it (I know I am with Elton and Hammy for example), and I was just pointing it out.

encore
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by encore »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:25 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:21 pm
Remind me why Burl was sidelined for so long?
Because of players like Chibabha, Jongwe, Chigumbura, etc.
All three are way better T20I batsmen than Regis Chakabva. The same Chakabva who is considered to be as poor a T20I batsman as Burl... who pulled off an uncharacteristic T20 knock yesterday.

Regis Chakabva today? One swallow doesn't make a summer!

Voice of reason.